Thursday, April 19, 2012

Wednesday

Well it was a most usual morning with the 5'ish wake up crow from the rooster next door and then my quiet time and a bowl of fruit before heading out on the bike for 2 plus hours of pickle ball at the rec. We had a nice turn out of good players so the action was great and of course lots of wet shirts for the morning. Afterwards I stopped off at the weight room and checked the scales and I'm holding the spare tire close to where I want it but would still like to have a couple pounds less, anyhow I've seen some progress and I'm just so full of energy from the way we have been eating our foods in combinations.

After the rec I stopped off for a new read on the Titanic and wow what a book as it takes several of those who survived the sinking and did the background on their lives and what actually occurred on that fateful night a hundred years ago. I did some watering and visited with the roofers and as they tore the flat roof off and discovered there as well some rotted wood. Thankfully I'm having a total roof redone so that should ease the worry while we are gone this summer. Hopefully they can finish the job in the next day or so as heavy rain is fore casted this weekend. We did get a shower during the night but a large tarp covered the roof as they were waiting for an inspector to okay. The city of Seminole has gone nuts with a new building inspector causing undue problems for my roofer and thus a delay in the finished roof, Oh well!!!

We finished up some left overs for supper and I sauteed some fresh kale and its not as good as Swiss chard sauteed as its chewy. I'm going to make kale chips Saturday night for our supper with friends and they are dewisheous as well as cole slaw from a head of cabbage now growing in the garden. After supper we headed up to Dan and Carol's as we were going to have a fire with our house church group but it was to hot and humid so we opted for an inside discussion and then headed home a little after 8. I got to watch most of Survivor while Nancy watched Idol and then I tuned into Rays baseball and they finally played good ball winning 12-2, about time. Well not much else is going on as we make dates for suppers, get togethers and doctors appointments. The end of May will be here before we know it and are we ever getting excited and sad at the same time, LATER

No comments: