Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Monday

Well the day started with Chester crowing around 5'ish but now that he is caged and moved out from under our window I'm not noticing his loud noise as much in the wee hours of the morning stillness. After my quiet time and a bowl of fruit I pedalled out to the rec for a couple plus hours of pickle ball. We had a large crowd with 3 nets up and several waiting at times to play. Afterwards I headed by the library for a new read then headed home to work in the garden.

The roofers were there and promised to finish up today and wow was it an awesome day to be outside working. It was in the low 70's with a strong breeze and no humidity. It really was like a mountain summer day as we opened the windows and doors and aired the house out, actually Amy closed most of them as she was wearing a sweater and said she was cold. Sam and I worked and played outside after a salad for lunch. I dug him a couple worms and he had a great time until he said "their broke gandad". He wanted to see what the roofers were doing on the house so I climbed the ladder with him and he was fascinated with all that was going on, he sure has my knack for being interested in everything. Amy dropped GG off after lunch as she ate with us after Nancy took her to get a passport picture at the post office. She is planning on going to Italy this Fall with grand daughter Arianne and is getting ready for the big adventure ahead of time.

Nancy made a huge pot of Zuppa soup as my kale is doing fabulous and that ingredient is what makes that soup so dewisheous(Annsley). This kale will not stop producing as well as has been my collards. I gave 2 of the roofers each a bag of collards and they were tickled. The garden welcomed the 3 plus inches of rain but with this sandy soil it really leaches out the nutrients so I fed my new seedlings and loosened up the compacted soil around them. The new cherry tomato seeds I planted are up so I should have plenty of tomato plants to transplant into my mountain garden. I also have lots of flower seeds up as well and as soon as they put on another leaf I will separate them and move them up to a larger container. My green peppers are still producing and a few are turning red and look as if they came out of a magazine, just beautiful and only a slight touch of hotness. I eat one everyday on my salad for lunch and I wager to think they would be fantastic when stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped with bacon and baked in the oven as Armadillo eggs, yikes I hope they do this well in the mountain garden. Our neighbor at the cabin, Jodi makes the best Armadillo eggs or jalapeno poppers ever and high lite our get together with other friends on game nights. We are looking forward to seeing her and her family and our many late night raucous card games.

Well not much else is going on as we took a long walk through the hood after supper and the clean up. There was no Rays ball game so I read and watched a little of Fox News and Stanley Cup hockey before calling it a day, only 26 more days, YEAH!!! LATER

No comments: