Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Tuesday

Well the morning started out much the usual with Chester crowing in the distance but it seemed louder as we had the bathroom window open so even though he was in his cage away from the  house he seemed louder. It was really cool this morning with temps down into the 50's , yikes thats unheard of the time of the year. The weatherman says thats going to change come this week-end, oh well its sure been nice these past couple days. It kind of reminds us of the summer days in the mountains at the cabin.

After my quiet time and a bowl of grapefruit with blueberries at headed out on the bike for some 2 plus hours of pickle ball. We had several good players the first hour or so and the play was great and of course lots of wet shirts. Afterwards I stopped off at the library for a new read before pedalling home. It was just gorgeous outside so I settled in to work in the garden while Nancy made a birthday cake for Ava. She will be 5 years old on Wednesday; where did that 5 years go?? Anyhow she along with Amy and Sam came for lunch and we ate Zuppa soup, dewisheous(Annsley) it was , seems like its better the second day leftover.

Sam and I headed outside to play as the girls all took off to go shopping for her birthday party on Saturday at the county park. This will be her first big party with lots of her school mates and friends from church, she is really excited. Sam played with a couple worms I dug for him and then just played in the dirt. He is going to be a farmer as he loves the dirt, bugs and worms. He finally said to me "wormy broke". So we found other bugs to play with. I sat in the sun as the breeze was rather cool in the shade of the big oak and read. The city inspector came by and signed off on the roof job so we can take the permit off of the front porch. I'm glad that job is done and hopefully I will get as much longevity as the last roof gave me.

I picked a mess of green beans and along with vension(thanks to Andy) I cut into small pieces we had that cooked in a gravy over Jasmine rice, yikes it that a dewicheous meal with a little soy sauce on top and red pepper flakes for me. After the cleanup I headed to water the new seedlings. It was starting to cool off rapidly so we skipped the walk and settled in to watch the Rays beat the Angels 5-0. Wow 4 homers and great pitching. LATER

No comments: