Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Monday

Well it was another busy day starting with Chester the rooster waking me around 5'ish with his loud crowing. There are morning when I think maybe I would love to see him on the cover of a KFC bucket; but he and Sam share a unique relationship, Oh well!! After the cup of hot green tea and my quiet time I had a grapefruit before pedalling out to the rec for some 2 plus hours of pickle ball. We had a good crowd of players with some really nice rallies and lots of wet shirts. Afterwards I stopped off I the library for a new read before heading home to work in the garden.

Several of the new seeds I planted last week are poking through and these I will once they get a couple leaves, transplant and take to the mountains with us in May for the summer garden. I found someone who has a fireplace and loaded up the truck after lunch and hauled it to his place. This person had been old friend and fellow church member for years but we seemed to have drifted away into separate spheres of our lives. It was great to be a blessing to him with the wood and a blessing for me to get it out of my yard. We sat and chatted for quite a spell afterwards about what had occurred in our lives and families after he and his wife moved from our old church. Thanks Bob and Jo for renewing our friendships.

Amy picked up GG who got back from visiting grand daughter Arianne in Miami and brought her for lunch and afterwards the kiddos and I loaded the wheelbarrow with the wood I was taking over to Bob's. They enjoyed the wheelbarrow rides after each load was dumped in the back of the truck. Ben McWilliams came by with the contract on re-roofing the house so we now have that settled and he has the go ahead to start that project whenever. I read a little after getting back from unloading the firewood until it was time for supper. I picked a mess of 1/2 runner green beans and along with a sweet potato so we went meatless for supper. Those beans are undoubtedly the best tasting bean ever grown but are a little difficult to grow in this sandy soil, but they do grow here but never produce like they do in the mountains.

Well after supper and the clean up I headed out to hand water the gardens and then set the sprinkler on the front yard. We then took off on a couple mile stroll through the hood. It was such a splendid day with no humidity and temps in the low 80's and a nice eastern breeze. Wow this weather is hard to beat and if only it would stay this way. As I was watering the plants I found 3 Easter eggs we had hidden and the kiddos missed we had placed in the orchid pots. I had one white orchid that bloomed on Easter morning and its just absolutely gorgeous. Its a double and the blooms are huge. I cut it and placed in a vase with an aspirin and I never knew that orchids have a fragrance but this one does and its just so delicious. Well that's about it as I'm getting into the baseball mode. The Rays are away for 10 games so I will catch them on the tube, LATER

No comments: