Sunday, April 8, 2012

Saturday

Well it was a busy day from the wake up crow from Chester at 5'ish to finally turning the lights out around 11. After my quiet time and a cup of hot green tea I helped Nancy get ready for the Ross Family who were coming around 8:30 for breakfast. Tyler was going to help me as I trimmed the big oaks from the roof top of the house. Neighbor Jon has a extended chain saw trimmer that reaches about 15 feet or so and did that ever make the job easy. After a breakfast of buckwheat pancakes, bacon and eggs (I settled for a grapefruit and 3 pancakes) we started cutting. The back yard was filled with branches in no time and then began the job of working up the limbs into stove length size and clipping the branches into bundle lengths so eventually I can place by the curb for the garbage folks. We had the biggest part done a little after lunch.

I raked and watered the gardens and yard until it was time to head out to Dan and Carols for supper at 6. We had pork chops and fried rice and I brought a pot of cooked kale. Another dewisheous supper. Afterwards we had a game of Phase 10 and Dan won on the last round, again!! We got into the Rays vs Yankees and followed through until the final out after getting home. The Rays have won their first 2 games so far against the Yanks and we look good hitting the ball, so far.

Tomorrow will be another big day of family get togethers with great food as we celebrate Easter. First we will head to Tampa and worship with son, Bobby at Element Church then head back home to get ready for the crowd somewhere around 6 as Bob and family will do a large meal with Jill's family. We are expecting 16 folks for the meal and there will be an Easter Egg hunt for the little ones. Should be a fun time especially since the weather was gorgeous yesterday all day. We actually opened the windows as it was 63 this morning and supposed to be the same tomorrow. Unbelievable for this time of the year. I also noticed I have a white orchid that is trying to open and if I remember I will take a picture before the little ones pull off the bud.

Well that's about the jest of my day but Nancy and Amy were in the kitchen all morning making spinach dip, cup cakes, pumpkin cheese cake, pickled eggs and beets and Greek dressing for the huge salad they made and I forget what all else they prepared for the supper on Easter along with a huge smoked ham. I think a few others are bringing cheese potato's, green beans and bread.

Well take a moment, reflect on these special days for believers, give thanks and remember the empty tomb, LATER

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog