Saturday, April 14, 2012

Friday

Well Chester was right on cue this morning at 5 as he crowed right near our bedroom window. I did manage to roll over and shut him out until 6 before starting the day. After my quiet time and a cup of green tea I had a bowl of grapefruit with blue and straw berries before pedalling out to the rec for some 2 plus hours of pickle ball. We had a great crowd today with mostly advanced players and wow was there ever some long rallies with supper shots. Everyone had wet shirts today. After the rec I stopped at the library before heading home.

The seeds I planted in pots are showing more green each day and if all goes well should be big enough to set out in the garden in a week or so and then when we get ready to head north I will dig them up and wrap them in wet newspaper and set out in my garden there. All of my 6 tomato seeds are up as well as a vine that grows to 15 ft in height. I want to transplant that around my arbor in the back yard that I have to rebuild once I get the garden planted. So much to do but I thrive on being busy once I get there.

Nancy was at her Friday Bible study so I piddled around in the garden pulling weeds and hand watering until it was lunch time. Amy and Sam came for lunch as Ava stays after school on Friday to have lunch with her class mates and then plays until 1 PM. Sam and I headed outside after lunch and we blew bubbles or I blew bubbles and he chased them down popping them. I was surprised he lasted as long as he did with that activity, but he chased them until I got tired for him. What a bundle of energy he is and just so dang cute as well. He and Chester played for just a few minutes as he was more interested in the bubbles so I didn't get much reading done. Amy brought Ava by and they stayed for another hour and left just as the Rays game started . Well we were ahead until our starting pitcher fell apart and we lost 12-2, yikes it was ugly and reminded us of what it was like a couple years back when we were the doormat of the league, oh well!!

We both read until it was suppertime which was fresh Brussels sprouts and left over black beans and rice. After the clean up we headed out for a long walk through the hood as the evening was perfect with a nice dry breeze and high 70's temp wise. Yikes was it ever gorgeous. After the walk I watered the front yard then we settled in to watch the O'Reilly Factor. I read for awhile before we got ready to call it a day. Tomorrow looks as if we drive to Riverview to babysit Annsley and Gabe around 9:30 in the morning so it will be another busy day, LATER

No comments: