Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tuesday

Well another busy day that started with the 5'ish wake up crow from Chester next door. After my usual cup of green tea, my few quiet moments to reflect, give thanks and lift up those who are on my mind for healing; I got ready for the roofing crew who were to be here at 8 to re-roof the house. I moved my truck out of the garage and over to a neighbor's driveway as they back their big lift truck right up next to the house. It was almost 8:30 before I got to the rec for an hour and a half of pickle ball play. We had a small crowd which meant very little break time in between games, so it turned out to be a good workout even though it was an hour shorter.

I headed home to work in the garden transplanting my 6 tomato seedlings into the ground as well as the vine seedlings, all of which I will take to the cabin next month and plant. I also sowed some cherry tomato seeds to take with me as well. Amy, GG and the kiddos came for lunch and afterwards I took Sam and Ava out to see all the commotion with the roofers and the big truck. They both got to sit in the cab of the truck and blow the air horn which tickled them both. Ben the roofer is an old friend and fellow church member who we have know for 25 years or longer and does good work and is reputable in the roofing contractor business. I mentioned I found a weak spot in the gabled roof while blowing off the debris from the oak tree; well I'm sure glad I decide to re-roof as there were 4 other places where the wood had rotted away after the last re-roof nearly 20 years ago. Seems the debris from the tree laying on the roof causes rain water to be diverted up and under the shingles thus starting the wood to rot and give way and with the rainy season about to start in Florida I'm sure water would eventually leak into the interior of the house. Oh well!!!

I fiddled around doing little odd jobs as Nancy took off to the doctors office again. Seems they are going to do a heart echo cardiogram next week to rest her mind about all these sensations she is experiencing in her chest. The doctor thinks its related to anxiety, stress and menopause as every year about the time we consider leaving Florida for the mountains she begins to have some irregularities. Hopefully this test will put her mind at ease and me also.

Well we ate lite for supper with macaroni and Brussel sprouts after a large salad and fresh ground pork sandwiches for lunch. After supper we took a long walk through the hood and came back to watch the Rays lose once again; its going to be a long season and already I'm losing some interest as their play is terrible, LATER

No comments: