Thursday, April 12, 2012

Wednesday

Well it was another nice morning in the 60's as I rode out to the rec after my 5'ish wake up by Chester, quiet time and a bowl of fruit for breakfast. This change in diet has sure made a difference in my weight and my level of energy has increased as well. I read where bananas are a food we should not eat if your trying to lose belly fat and since I've stayed away from them for a couple weeks I seem to be losing that spare tire slowly but surely. I know we need the potassium which bananas are rich in but I take a super multi-vitamin and mineral supplement from Nutrilite which complements that loss in diet. Anyhow after the past several days of morning temps in the 60's there seems to be a sudden shift in the weather pattern so its back to more humidity and higher temps, oh well. We spoke with our mountain mom and it was cold there with strong winds which made it feel even colder and of course it was snowing in Michigan during the Rays game on Tuesday.

Speaking of the Rays they were losing going into the top of the 9th inning and pulled out a victory over the Tigers today, yikes what a great game from a never give up group of guys. We had a good crowd of pickle ball players today as well and had some good play and there were lots of wet shirts after 2 plus hours of play. I stopped off at the library for a new read on the way home. Nancy was ready to head to Sam's Club so we headed out after changing clothes. We gassed up as well and the price has come down from $3.93 to $ 3.81, that's a little help but still way to much. I'm afraid by the time we leave for the mountains it will be over 4 bucks as they have predicted, oh well!!!!

We made a stop at GG's to take a new picture so she can get a passport picture as she and grand daughter Arianne are going to Italy this summer, yikes that will be exciting as she has never been out of the country. We made a stop at Aldi's as well before heading home to fix a frozen pizza for lunch. We doctored a pepperoni pizza up with fresh mushrooms, peppers, basil and oregano, wow does that ever add to a pie and of course I loaded mine up with crushed red peppers after coming out of the oven.

I caught up on shredding some paper work and old files while Nancy took off to the rec for her treadmill workout. We got word that house church was cancelled just as we finished our chapter reading in Beautiful Outlaw by John Eldridge, so we decided to have a simple supper of black beans and Jasmine rice, yeow is that ever a great dish and we finished the leftover Cole slaw I made from a head of cabbage from the garden to go along with it, dewisheous!!! After the clean up we took off on a stroll through the hood. We came back and once again I set the sprinkler out front on the yard as the grass is really taking off.

Well Nancy tuned into the Idol and I watched Survivor then I read until it was lights out, LATER

No comments: