Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Monday

Well the doldrums of summer are upon us here in the deep south or central Florida. The heat and humidity are back, not unbearable yet but its getting there to where to seek shade of some kind in the afternoon and of course the a/c is running. After Chester woke us up at 5'ish I managed to lay in until just before 6 when I started a new week. Wow can you believe its already April and the days are quickly slipping away and before you know it I will be packing hopefully for a nice long stay to our cabin in the mountains of North Carolina. Its been a long time since we've last been there and I know there is much to do and once again make that a great place to do life for a few months.

After my quiet time and a lite breakfast of blueberries and grapefruit I pedalled out to the rec for some 2 plus hours of pickle ball. There was a large crowd on hand and the play was great with lots of wet shirts. I headed home afterwards and worked in the garden. I sowed all kinds of new flower seeds; cone flowers, blanket flowers, echinnac, snapdragons, green onions seeds, celebrity tomato and a vine that is supposed to climb 15 in height(for my arbor that I have to rebuild). I also transplanted 2 seedlings from my Rosemary plant. If you want to propagate a Rosemary plant from an already established plant just take the lower stems and cover them with dirt leaving the tips out of the soil and in just about a month or so you will have roots growing from the area of the stem that is covered in dirt. Once you have some good roots just cut the stem near the base of the original plant and you have a new Rosemary plant. I have 2 that I can take to the mountains for my garden there as I use a lot of that herb. Seems the last couple years my plant there dies during the winter although its a perennial. The peppers I transplanted are doing well as well as are the beets. I will dig these up the night before we head north, wrap them in wet newspaper and then transplant them into my Carolina garden as will I do all these new seeds I've just sowed.

Amy and the kiddos came for lunch and Sam is like a top that someone has wound real tight. He is such a bundle of energy and just so dang cute as well, Ava is such a sweetie and she is very good with Sam as he needs a little calming down at time. We had lunch then played until it was time for them to head out. I read and took a 10 minute power nap then made some appointments before settling in to do some paper work, pay some bills, etc. We were going without protein for supper so I picked some parsley, green onion and green pepper to go with our red spuds and salad. After the clean up we headed out for a stroll through the hood with Dan and Carol. Dan is feeling much better as he thinks the stone has passed out of his kidney, yeah for that. We did a good couple miles before coming back to set the sprinkler for the front yard, grass at last, another yeah. LATER

No comments: