Friday, April 6, 2012

Thursday

Well the morning started out much the usual with the Chester's wake up crow at 5'Ish in the morning and then my quiet moments before a lite breakfast of fruit before pedalling out to the rec on my bike for a good 2 plus hours of pickle ball. My shirt was dripping sweat from the workout and for some reason the gym seems a little warmer than normal; anyhow it was a great to sweat like that. Afterwards I dropped a couple books off at the library before heading home to work in the garden.

The weeds are growing great and that's a good sign the soil is getting enough moisture, even though I water everyday this hot Florida sun and the lack of rain dries this sandy soil out very quickly. I transplanted some marigolds and then thinned out some hot pepper plants and re-transplanted them as well. The garden is still producing but the heat is just about to take over. Hopefully I'll have a ton of seedlings to transplant into the cabin garden when we make it to the mountains the end of May.

We ate an early lunch around 11:30 as we were both hungry from our workouts so we popped a frozen pizza in the oven and covered it with fresh oregano, green pepper and mushrooms and then ate a fresh garden salad while waiting for it to bake, yikes was that ever dewisheous(Annsley's). After lunch I read for awhile and caught up on some paper work. Nancy was getting ready to head out for her doctor's appointment and then I managed a 10 minute power nap.My roofer friend called and he is coming by with an estimate on replacing both the gabled and flat roofs. We want to have them replaced before leaving for the mountains in May.

We picked up GG(Nancy's mom) around 6 PM and headed for the airport. She was to fly out at 8:25 to Ft. Lauderdale to spent Easter with Arrianne. Well are we glad we left a little early as the Howard Frankland Bridge was stop and go for the whole length. We made it with plenty of time to spare. We parked in short term parking then took the elevators down to the check-in and got her baggage squared away as well as her boarding pass. She wanted to look in the book store for a book to read on the plane so we left her there. We stopped at Sam's Club to fill up at $3.92 a gallon, yikes that was nearly $60 for a half a tank as the price jumped 16 cents a gallon in just a couple days since I last filled up, OH well!!!

We got home around 8 and heated up a can of bean soup for supper then watched Idol as we slurped the soup. I think the vote was right-on this time as the frizzy haired kid in my opinion could not sing anything but falsetto. Boring, he was to me. We then got interested in a 20/20 story before bed time, LATER

No comments: