Sunday, April 22, 2012

Saturday

Well just another busy day as the morning started with Chester crowing around 5'ish in the morning but we managed to tune him out until nearly 7:30, Yeah!!! We had been up late the night before and the extra hour or so felt great. After our quiet times we made our own breakfast as I like poached eggs and Nancy likes them fried. We shared a couple packs of instant grits and I heated up a leftover piece of pork tenderloin, yikes was that ever a tasty breakfast and I washed mine down with a glass of grapefruit juice I squeezed from a neighbor tree. I was ready to head out and do some yard and garden work.

I trimmed the bushes, dug up the inpatients that were just about finished due to the heat, edged and raked. I turned over some areas in the garden and I have such a multitude of fishin' worms its unreal. They are the best for a really fertile garden. I hope I can mulch the garden enough so that over the dry summer they will hang around as usually most of them seem to go some where when it gets hot and dry. Anyhow the new seedlings are doing good and should be about the right size to transplant into my summer garden at the cabin. I'm getting that itch to plow my gardens as well as plow for a couple of my neighbors up there also. I sowed some kale seeds along with some Zinnias seeds I brought back last fall from my plants that were going to seed. Zinnias are one of my favorite flowers and ready keep their color's all summer and into the cold weather.

I headed over to GG's(Nancy's mom) to saw down a couple bushes and trim out the dead branches in her navel orange tree and visited with her as well. She is doing great and was making some potato salad so she gave me enough for our salad's for lunch when I got home. Amy, Tyler and the kiddos came by to visit with her as well and shared a pizza with her for lunch. After lunch I edged the garden is and cut a nice cabbage head so Nancy good make a Cole slaw for our supper with the Botbyl's(Dan and Carol). I cut some kale and got it ready to make kale chips which are great. Cut the kale into 2-3 inch pieces and cover lightly with olive oil the place on a cookie sheet and bake at 300 for about 15-20 minutes. Then lightly salt or sprinkle whatever seasoning you like on the kale before baking. The kale comes out crunchy and discinerates in your mouth, YUMMM, its a great appetizer and good for you as well.

I grilled a huge salmon fillet covered with fresh dill from the garden along with lemon pepper seasoning, Nancy sauteed fresh yellow squash, onion, red pepper and garlic in olive oil and Carol made Jasmine rice along with the fresh chilled Cole slaw we had us a feast. After the clean up we played a 12 rounds of chicken foot domino's and Carole was the winner for a change on the last round. We had a fun time playing and listening to the Rays win their game as well. It was close to 10 PM before we got ready for the showers. Tomorrow(today) is worship day at Element Church with son, Bobby. After the service its field day where several of the house churches meet for picnic at the park and compete in family type games such as tug of war, passing water balloons and 2 legged sack races. We are committed at the nursing home as its our Sunday to assist with the service there, so we miss all the fun and activities.

We had a torrential downpour with over 3 inches of rain last night(no leaks) as a cold front moved through Florida, dropping the humidity as well as the rain and temps. Its supposed to be in the 50's here on Monday morning, yikes I love it although I hear there is a chance for the white stuff in the mountains, LATER

No comments: