Thursday, February 16, 2012

Wednesday

Well if you noticed this post is later than usual on the next day its because the gym at the rec is closed for a week so there won't be any pickle ball starting today(Thursday); so that means a change in my morning routine as I have found posting the morning after is much easier than posting the night of mainly because I get to tired while tying to create or write late in the evening. Now I know that you, who are avid readers or whatever really wanted to hear that explanation but remember I write this so my grand kids will know who their grandparents where in real time and when you change a routine especially for a week it leaves open the area of speculation.

The morning was much the usual but the temps were warm at a 63 degrees when big mouth Chester next door started his morning wake up. I wonder how many years roosters live? After rolling out at 6 I did my quiet time then a couple poached eggs(way to get back at Chester as I ate any possibility another rooster could be hatched) in a bowl of warm grits. I'm going to start on this spare tire again as I will miss 2 plus hours of pickle ball workout and eat only natural unprocessed foods and eggs are are great food for helping to reduce body fat along with a pink grapefruit. My neighbor has a small grapefruit tree that must have 5 bushels or more of the fruit and they just let them rot on the ground when they fall off.

After pickle ball I stopped off for a new read before heading home to water the garden and transplant some new marigold, cucumber and radish seedlings. I have to start everything from seed now and when they get big enough I cover them with a piece of chicken wire that helps keep those pesky squirrels from digging in the rows and uprooting the seeds and plants. So far its worked and along with my neighbor and I. we have moved a couple dozen squirrels to the library which is on about 50 acres of woods. I now have several green tomato's set on the new grape tomato plants which should appease Ava and Sam as they are crazy about tomatoes.

Amy and the kiddos came for lunch so I made a large salad from the garden. I cut a huge head of cabbage that must have weighed 8-10 pounds. I have one more left to cut as I experimented when I put these sets out in Oct. I used Osmocote in the hole when I set them in the ground; but I had a double seedling in one of the packs and I transplanted it without any Osmocote so it grew but just not as fast or large. We are eating that head of cabbage on Thursday but I cut slivers from it to add to the salad, Yumm. I also cut a huge pile of Swiss chard for supper along with marinated chicken breasts and a baked potato load with scallions from the garden, hot green peppers and sour cream. Sam was eating those green onions like they were candy so we had to stop him before he got a tummy ache.

After the clean up we were expecting to have house church here but a couple of the leaders were ill so we postponed, so Amy and the kiddos stayed on and played until after their baths. Ava and Sam really rough house and play so great together. He is putting together sentences now and is so much fun to hear him talk plus he is starting to want to do everything himself without assistance. Ava is a fantastic big sister and although they wrestle and he cry's occasionally she is very gentle with him whereas he is a boy and occasionally causes her to cry due to his roughness.

After they left we watched on separate TV's Survivor and American Idol. The tall dark haired older gal on Survivor is married to a former Buc's defensive tackle. Monica Culpepper is the tall dark haired gal who is in very good shape for an older gal in her 40's with I believe 3 teenagers. This should be an exciting season with men vs women and already the men have made adversaries of the gals. Well not much else is going on except I will catchup on some honey do projects since I have an extra couple hours a day, LATER

No comments: