Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tuesday

Well it was still cloudy and overcast but with high humidity so we still have the house closed up with the a/c on although it has cooled down into the 60's for the night. Chester was alive and crowing around 5 so once again I had thought of KFC with a nice rich gravy. Anyhow after my quiet time a cup of hot green tea I had my bowl of cereal with fruit before pedalling out to the rec for some 2 1/2 hours of pickle ball. We had a large crowd of players and a new couple from Canada came as well towards the end of our play period. He is a very good player and should bring some new play to our group.

I headed home on the bike to work in the garden and do a little hand watering. Seems the chicken wire has helped to deter the squirrels from digging my new seedlings out although Nancy watched them climbing on top of the wire trying to dig through. I caught another one in my cage and took it away to the library area where it would have to cross a 4 lane to get back to my place. There are tons of them in the hood but I'm beginning to think maybe they are territorial as I've seen a real reduction on the big oak out front.

Nancy picked up GG and brought her for lunch. I made a fresh guacamole to go along with what ever we were having. It turned out good and we all dipped tortilla chips in it as well. Aldi's had avocados for a quarter and they were perfectly ripe, Yumm!!! After lunch I watched the kiddos while Nancy took GG and Amy with a load of kitchen stuff from her old house to the new one and put the articles away. We watched a Winter's Tale again and the kids loved it; its really a good family flick.

We took GG home and helped her with a few chores, she seems to be acclimating herself to being alone and on Wednesday she starts back with her singing group. One of the lady's in the group will pick her up and bring her home as she to is a widow; all of the groups members are up there in age but they give several concerts a year in the local area, mostly to nursing homes and churches. This will help GG to have an outside interest once again as she has been singing with this group forever.

Well we just read until it was time for supper but Betsy came by and visited and she has the hardest time staying awake when setting down in a chair so I had her try a bottle of the Perfect Water that is Pomegranate/Blueberry flavored well immediately she came to life and both Nancy and I were startled by her physical reaction to drinking this water. We think she has the disease(narcolepsy) that allows you to fall asleep in a second wherever you are. We think because this water is oxygenated and has lots of B vit's this maybe is what she need, we were so surprised we sent some more home with her to try, anyhow it would be a breakthrough if we could find something to help her with this problem. Amway distributes this water and of course I drink a bottle everyday while working out and I can tell and immediate pick me up while using it. Any of you long distance runners or marathon folks aught to try this. After she left we heated up leftovers for supper in the microwave.

Not much else going on except helping Amy and Tyler with their move, house church on Wednesday night and then a ham supper with GG and the Ross Family on Thursday night here at our place. I'm playing in a pickle ball tournament on Thursday both men's and mixed doubles; hopefully we have have some good challenging play. LATER

No comments: