Friday, February 10, 2012

Thursday

Well a different kind of day altogether after the Chester wake up around 5'ish. I usually roll out at 6 but since it was tournament day at the rec I layed in until nearly 7 then did my quiet time before eating a good breakfast of granola, straw berries, blue berries and a banana. I pedalled out around 8 AM as the play started at 9 and didn't get back to the house until nearly 5 PM. Needless to say I had to pedal home after several grueling matches and I was whipped.

I didn't have my first match until nearly 11 AM as my men's pardner Mike and I had a bye the first round and when we did finally play it was against a couple men we had never played against before from Clearwater. We managed to beat them in straight sets but would eventually have to play them again as we were the only team to beat them in this double elimination tournament. After a couple other matches we won convincingly but for the finals we had to play this team again and while we took the first set they came back and won the second which meant a third set. Mike my pardner has some Achilles issues and we were determined to win this third set because if we didn;t it would mean we would have to play them again for a third time. We prevailed and came away with a victory and the gold medal.

The mixed doubles competition started after the men's finals so I was back out on the court with Mitsuko who is a very strong player and can strike the ball nearly as forceful as a man. We won easily our first 2 matches allowing only 1 point to our opponents in 4 sets then we came up against some home grown competition. We won that match as well then had to play Keith and Cheryl also a home grown team. We ended up playing them 3 different matches in a row with them beating us once and then we had to beat them twice in a row to capture the gold medal. Yikes were we ever exhausted but victory was sweet and the scores were only 2 points apart in nearly every set. It was a day of some exciting matches from all who participated and we made some new friends both on and off the court.

Well when I got home Nancy had already harvested the collard greens which is usually my job and had them cooked along with a spiral cut ham and Amy was bringing a dewisheous potato casserole made with sour cream as well as a couple Pepperidge Farms cakes. I passed on the cakes but loaded up on all else as I had missed lunch except for a couple bananas, energy bars and of course my Perfect Water. That water is oxygenated and helps to revive you during grueling activity. After the supper cleanup we gave the kids a bath and I made my order for Amway as I get free shipping thanks to our team leaders the first 10 days of the month. Amy took GG home on her way home that was a big help as Tyler was teaching ESL(English second language) at church. We watched American Idol and wow my body especially my left Achilles really stiffen up so I think I will pass on pickle ball play Friday morning.

Just a business update as I want to remind those of you who use any vitamins, supplements, weight loss products, Omega 3's, energy bars, etc., that ALL Nutrilite Products are BOGO(buy one get one Free) for the month of February. This is an unbelievable offer and great saving and it doesn't come from Amway corporate but from our generous team leaders and in addition to that you will receive Free shipping on your BOGO orders as well. The BOGO's come at the end of the month and if and when you order that transaction will not show up on your order as its separate and paid for by our team leaders. If you want to save even more let me make you a special pricing customer which means I will offer you the same price its offered to me as a distributor or IBO, that's usually another 25 to 35% off the retail. I just need you to let me know if your interested and you can buy direct off the Internet with your own customer ID number through our store at Amway.com/JNTriplett...LATER Remember if you do make a purchase from our store for the BOGO's; that does NOT show up on your order but you will receive that Free order at the end of the month, a couple of you have had that happen to you and even called corporate and of course they have no idea about the BOGO's but our team leaders make that purchase out of their pockets and then have it shipped directly to you but that only occurs at the end of the month.

No comments: