Saturday, February 18, 2012

Friday

Well we slept in again until after 7 even though Chester was having his crowing time at 5'ish. Seems once he wakes everyone up he backs off the crowing or else we have just been able to tune him out. After our quiet times Nancy got really to pick up GG and meet Amy for some shopping. I headed out to the rec for a workout on the elliptical and while there I checked on the gym floor and it looked finished to me. They say the earliest we can play on it is Wednesday, shucks!!! After the workout I stopped of at the library for a couple reads before heading home in a light sprinkle of rain.

It rained ever so lightly at times but stuck around most all day so I read and talked on the phone with my dad in Virginia. The weather there was like a Spring day he said with cool temps but bright sunshine. He remarked this winter has been a warm one except for a few days of bitter cold which doesn't last long. Everyone is well there and he still heads down to Winchester daily to pick up his mail and check on his house in town then heads back to Star Tannery with his woman friend, Adeline. They look after one another and give each other some company after both of them lost their spouses years ago. Seems they were old friends many years ago before the death of their loved ones.

Well we ate leftovers for supper as it was quiet around here with just Nancy and I after all the family suppers this week. We finished up the pasta fouzel and salad. After the clean up we settled in to watch the news on FOX then I headed in to watch Gold Rush. Sometimes these miner guys act like spoiled brats but I think that's what sells the show. Its interesting to watch how each gang go about extracting the gold from the earth and how the elements affect their activities. I would love to do that as I find it challenging to battle break downs and the long hours with the possibility of striking a mother lode, Oh well!!! I just finished a book on the mining era in Montana and all that went with it during the later part of the 1800's.

Well not much else is going on except we are entertaining Dan and Carol tomorrow, for supper and games afterwards. LATER

No comments: