Sunday, February 19, 2012

Saturday

Well the humidity has arrived again with warm temps and the a/c will be back on again and it looks like it may be that way for awhile as the forecast shows warm and muggy for the next several days. I see where our mountain friends are expecting 3-6 inches of snow, yikes. Anyway after a Chester wake up around 5'ish we rolled over and stayed in until after 7. After our quiet times and a couple poached eggs with grits and a grapefruit we got ready to head over to the Largo Mall for shopping. It was nearly noon by the time we got home after making three stops. I finished up the deer leftovers then headed out to work in the yard and garden. There was enough cloud cover to make it comfortable outside for working.

I picked the last of the lettuce crop from last year for a salad for supper then pulled weeds and replanted some radishes the squirrels had dug out even though I had chicken wire covering them. If these critters were from N.C. I would be have some chicken fried squirrel and gravy, Yumm!! but as it be we just capture them in cages and then release them across a 4 lane highway. I don't see as many at one time as weeks ago but they are still here and just as destructive. I bought a couple pots of Cilantro and Sweet Basil as the cold got mine and then re-potted them and wouldn't you know they were grown and shipped from the Shenandoah Valley(Virginia) cheaper than what I pay for plants from Home Depot that are grown in Plant City, Fl. I got 3 re-pots from each pot I bought as there were lots of individual seedling, hopefully I can keep them in pots and bring to the cabin in May.

Wow are we getting excited about the thought of heading to the cabin especially since our "mountain mom" Helen took some pictures of the cabin and flower beds and sent them to us last week. It sure looked lonely there and without any flowers very bare but the place looked good and it tugged on my heart strings. It will be about 2 plus months before we can start packing to head up to higher ground. We are hoping to spend more time there this summer than in the past couple years as last year we were there only about 10 weeks total. We also have a big wedding to attend this July so that will be exciting as well as we are looking forward to family and friends visiting.

Dan and Carol came for supper and I grilled Salmon, Nancy made Pioneer Woman's pasta dish with pesto and Carol brought spaghetti squash; that's a vegetable we never eat but I like and its not mushy like most squash and of course a salad to top off the menu. After the clean up we played 6 rounds of Sequence and we(guys) won the first round but never saw another win the next 5 games; it was total disaster for us. We then play 9 rounds of Golf(card game) and I sneaked out a win by one point.

Well tomorrow is worship day in Tampa at Element Church with son Bobby and then we will have another family supper minus Jill as she has a meeting and I think Tyler will be gone as well as he heads off to a church retreat with SFBC to Louisiana for a couple days; so the grand kids along with GG will all be together. I'm barbecuing some chickens on the grill and it should once again another fun and good eatin' filled evening. LATER

No comments: