Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tuesday

Well what a difference a day makes especially when the outside temps are near 60 which is nearly 30 degrees warmer than yesterday. The morning started off much the usual with Chester crowing his head off(sometimes I almost wish he would literally at 5 in the morning) but he is Sam's buddy. They played together for over an hour today at the fence with Sam talking up a storm at him and Chester never moved from where Sam was digging in the dirt next to the fence. Anyhow after my quiet time and a bowl of cereal I rode out to the rec minus a heavy sweater and gloves. It was much like a Spring morning with the warm up.

I did a couple hours of pickle ball and we had 3 courts going for most of the morning with some good play and a large crowd. Afterwards I stopped off at the library for a couple reads before heading home to water the garden. Nancy headed for the rec but learned the workout room was closed for cleaning so we headed to Sam's Club instead for gas and some goodies. We got back just before noon as Amy and Sam were coming for lunch.

After lunch I transplanted some lettuce seedling and worked outside for an hour or so then sat and read in the shade of the oak. It was just a gorgeous afternoon as Sam and I enjoyed the outside. Ava was off with a school friend to lunch and then to play as Amy was having her friend at her house later in the afternoon. That gave each mother a break for a couple hours. We were having Amy and the kiddos for burritos for supper as well.

Well not much else is going on around here except Nancy did the rec after Amy left for Sam's nap and then the veggie stand for some tomato's before heading home. I'm getting a few but not enough to write about, it's funny that both Sam and Ava can eat their weight in them and Tyler can't eat a raw one whereas Amy also loves them as well. I just noticed today the grape tomato plants have some little green ones set and hopefully they will ripen soon. I'm still getting a few beans from the old plants but I did notice the new bean plants were touched by the cold Sunday and Monday as the leaves have a little scorching effect but I think they will make it. Everything else is still producing but the sugar peas are looking rather beat up because they were outside the oak tree cover so the frost must have touched them but they aren't dead yet so maybe they will come back.

After supper and the kids bath they got ready to head home and we watched a little Fox News. I headed in to watch the Lightning Hockey team play lousy against a team they should have beaten so I read until it was time to cut the lights out, LATER

No comments: