Saturday, February 11, 2012

Friday

Wow was I ever stiff and sore after the marathon pickle ball tournament on Thursday so I laid out on Friday morning's workout; instead I stayed in bed until nearly 7:30 after the 5'ish wake up by Chester. My left Achilles was really tender and sore and finally after an hour of stretching and walking around it finally loosened up enough I could maneuver without limping. After my quiet time and a grapefruit with a banana I headed to check on the gardens and hang a load of laundry before riding up to the library on the bike for some books I had ordered. It was just a gorgeous morning with cool dry temps in the 60's and bright sunshine.

Nancy took off for her Friday morning Bible study and I worked in the garden transplanting some Bib lettuce seedling that I hope are big enough to withstand those pesky squirrels and their digging. I found a nice red ripe tomato I had missed some how and then I staked them some what. I'm experimenting whether tomato's do better to just grow loose on the ground or be tied and staked up. My friend Joe in the mountains lets his just grow freely on the ground and he has awesome tomato's and abundant ones whereas my sister Dee in Va. stakes her and she too grows great tomato's; anyhow I found out something I didn't know is where the limb lying on the ground here in Florida will actually produce roots and actually grow like another plant itself from the limb, I had never seen that before. I have had tomato plants broken off and then stuck the broken half in the ground and it will grow roots and eventually produce fruit. I use to grow great tomato's here but I think the limited direct sunshine due to the oak trees spreading out over the back yard has hurt their production. I use to feed the family and friends but now I can barely grow enough to meet our needs.

Amy brought Sam by for lunch and afterwards she and Nancy took off to the new house to do some work while Sam and I played together in the back yard. I sat and read while he gathered up buggies, flower petals and played with Chester next door through the fence. We had a grand time and I even had to change one of his poop diapers; boy is he a wiggle worm for the girls but he laid peacefully for me, thankfully. After he left I ran the vacuum as we were supposed to come back here to play cards after a supper out with Dan and Carol at Olive Garden. We had a nice supper except for Nancy which was a little to red peppery for her, so she brought most of hers home after getting a redo on her entree. We wound up at Dan and Carol to play Phase 10 and I won for a change on the last hand; that was a first for me in many moons or years, probably the latter. We headed home and I caught the last of Gold Rush on the tube before hitting the sack. Tomorrow is moving day completely for Amy and Tyler into their new rental house as several of our house church guys will help with the heavy lifting.

Nancy will keep Ava and Sam here at our place and then afterwards GG is fixing supper for all of us at her place. She is doing quite well and is getting on with her life much better than we initially expected. Her only down fall is her inability to drive so she is dependent on us or Betsy to drive her around; except her singing buddies pick her up for those occasions. We have her for supper or lunch almost every other day and of course Nancy takes her shopping and to her doctors appointments a couple times a week. LATER

No comments: