Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Monday

Well it was another morning without pickle ball so after Chester woke us up around 5 we slept in until nearly 7:30 and what a difference in the temperature when we ventured out, yikes it had dropped 25 degrees from the previous morning. We had the a/c on Sunday and now it was close to taking the chill off on Monday morning. After our quiet times and a lite breakfast I headed out wearing a flannel shirt to water the gardens.The cool nights and warm days are really ideal for the garden as once again the beans are blooming like crazy, lots of little green 'maters and the new lettuces are really taking off. We should be able to pinch some leaves off by the end of the week and add to the salad bowl.

Amy and Nancy took off around 10'ish to do some grocery shopping and Sam stayed with me, that boy lots for me to read to him and he is really a smart little feller and doesn't forget a thing. When the girls got back we ate a bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup and Sam loves his soup as well. He likes for me to help feed him soup and likes to try out whatever I'm eating. Ava came after school and we played until it was time for their afternoon naps, although I don't think Ava takes them any more. After they left we got ready for a couple mile hike through the hood and by now it was a nice warm sunny afternoon. The north breeze was strong and it was very dry but clear with bright sunshine. A perfect day for being outside. We came back and I worked in the garden a little once again hand watering the new seedlings and transplants.

Amy was having us to her house for supper so we read until it was time to head over and pick up GG and bring her with us as well. We had a beautiful salad with chicken casserole that was made from rotisserie chicken, green beans and a dry stuffing on top, yikes is that ever dewisheous. We stayed around until the kids got their baths and the clean up from supper and headed out after Wheel of Fortune; Amy and Tyler like that show but we never watch it. It was a fun evening at their new house and the eatin' was great and it was once again good for GG to get out of the house.

We saw lots of snow pictures from our mountain friends and family and wow they got a right nice amount. The pictures were beautiful but I understand much of it left already as the temps warmed back up to above the freezing mark. That's the way I like it as well; here today to enjoy its beauty and let the freeze kill lots of insect pests and germs then gone tomorrow. I always hated when the snow and ice would freeze at nights and melt during the day especially when your around a barnyard working with milk cows. Those were the days my friends, what an experience!!!Oh well I do miss that part of growing up on the farm and only wish my grand kids could learn and share about that part of my early life; needless to say I learned so much.

We got a surprise phone call from about to be married niece Kelly Lynn Dillon who along with her mom Dee, were heading to Galax, Va. to visit a "mountain furniture" store located there. That town is where we do most of our shopping when we are in the mountains and we just love the ambiance. Kelly is getting married at my and Dee's old home church near Mountain Falls where we grew up, in July and son Bobby is doing the officiating. We are excited for her and Jordan. It should not only we a festive occasion but a great time of family reunion as well.

Well we got home from Amy and I read until it was lights out and I'm nearly half way through Steig Larsson's book THE GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNETS NEST, very interesting, a real page turner if I must say so. LATER

No comments: