Friday, February 24, 2012

Thursday

Well it was another busy day and while the temps have stayed nice due to the early morning fog and overcast skies the humidity is back in force, so it's a/c time once again, oh well!! Sure am looking forward to when we can enjoy the fresh crisp mountain air each morning. The morning was much the same with Chester next door waking the hood up with his loud crowing around 5'ish but I managed to tune him out until 6 when I rolled out for the day. After my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal with fruit I jumped on the bike for my ride to the rec. Wow was it ever foggy as I could barely see 1/4 mile ahead. It was almost eiry and surreal and so quiet except for Chester's big mouth.

We had a good showing of players for 2 plus hours of pickle ball play and once again I had a soaked shirt from play. We are starting to gear up for the Goodlife Games the end of March which will feature pickle ball at our facility. Many will come from around the state to play especially those who participant in the national tournament in Arizona. Those guys and gals are hard to beat as they strictly play together whereas because we are a public gathering and we must play with different pardners daily. It's still fun and great experience playing with these great players. Hopefully we can beat them this year as we have some good players as well and we are teaming up a little different from years past.

Well after my workout I stopped off at the library for a new read then headed home. It wasn't as foggy but there was still enough dampness in the air to help hold the dust down so I started mowing the yards. I gathered up 5 huge trash cans of oak leaves and mulched them down to 1 1/2 cans, then spread them on the garden. This will provide worm food throughout the summer as well as add compost back for my vegetables. I finally finished around 12:30 and headed in for a bite of lunch. Nancy took her mother shopping and stayed to have lunch with her at her house while I mowed. I was still covered in dirt and dust from the mower so I nearly had to take a bath outside using the hose. It won't be long until the fuzzies arrive and the yellow pollen from the oaks as the new leaves begin to form and fill out. These fuzzies also make good compost as well but they become a real nuisance as well; as they cling to your hair and always manage to invade the house especially when working in the yards.

Well it was clean up the left overs day both for lunch and supper for us so it was nothing to write about unless you like fried spuds from leftover oven taters'and BBQ chicken. That cleaned out the fridge which makes it possible to add more as we are the family supper center, although tonight (Friday) we have been invited to eat over at GG's for roast pork and sauerkraut, one of my fav's. Amy and the family will be there along with Betsy and Braden. After our clean up we settled in to watch Fox News and then the Idol for an hour before I retreated to the reading room. It wasn't long before the bed was calling my name around 10 PM. LATER

No comments: