Friday, February 17, 2012

Thursday

Well it was a busy day despite not whacking the green pickle ball during the morning hours. Nancy and I did a couple mile walk through the hood around 10 AM so I did get a little workout. After the morning wake up from Chester we slept in until around 7 before starting the day with a few quiet moments. It was a spring like morning with temps in the low 60's and eventually reached close to 80 by the afternoon with a really nice east wind which kept the humidity some what at bay, by the late afternoon some high clouds rolled in and it looked like rain but we never got any.

We headed over to GG's for lunch as I wanted to mow up her leaves and bag them for my garden, that sure made it a lot easier than raking them as I had done in past years plus I reduced the number of bags by about half. Nancy was taking her mom for a hearing appointment later in the day so she drove GG's car to get some time on it while I headed home to finish mulching the leaves and then I washed the truck. Wow that kept me busy right up to nearly 4 PM. They finally got home so I sliced the deer tenderloin into steaks and cut up a head of fresh garden cabbage for supper.

Nancy chicken fried the deer and along with boiled cabbage and Jasmine rice and salad we had us a country supper. I even made a nice milk gravy from the deer drippings for our rice. That was some fine eatin' and once again we thank the Dalton Gang in Sparta for their fine shootin' and processing that superb venison. After supper the kids played and entertained GG before heading out for home. They gave GG a ride home which saved us from going out again. Nancy and I sat together watching 2 hours of the Idol which is always good and afterwards it was shower time then lights out, LATER

No comments: