Thursday, February 9, 2012

Wednesday

Well it cooled down again after another front passed through giving us once again beautiful Spring like weather.Thankfully the humidity passed on and temps in the lower 70's remained. The morning was much the usual with Chester waking us around 5'ish but I managed to tune him out until 6. After the usual quiet time , cup of green tea, and a bowl of cereal with fruit I pedalled out to the rec around 7:15 for some 2 plus hours of pickle ball. Yikes did we ever have some good play for the morning and right up until the time to head out at 10AM.

I stopped off at the library to return a couple books as well as pick up a couple I had on order. Nancy was getting ready to head to the rec for her workout and then to K-Mart for some goodies for the those gals who have been caught up in the human trafficking epidemic; seems once their rescued they have only the clothes on their backs so our house church is getting them shirts, pants, toiletries, back packs, etc. to meet some their immediate necessities. I headed out in the back yard to do some yard and garden work.

I mowed front and back, cleaned gutters, mulched oak leaves for my garden and fertilized the front yard. That kept me busy until lunch time when Amy came with the kiddos. After lunch Sam and I played in the back yard where he and Chester kept up their friendship. That rooster lets Sam grab his feathers and hold on all the while Sam is giggling. Its so darn funny I have to chuckle at the two of them; of course I yell at Sam to let him go but Chester comes right back to the fence and stands there waiting for Sam to grab him again. Nancy has a fit but, Oh well!!!!

Nancy made a pot of Zuppa soup with fresh garden kale from my patch for supper, yikes, was that ever dewisheous after the kiddos left for their naps. I vacuumed the house as it was house church night and we had 10 adults and 2 kids. We are getting ready to do our free oil change for single moms toward the end of this month and are planning on helping Amy and Tyler move this Saturday into their new rental house. We had a good discussion on the forcefulness of Jesus in situations that required direct intervention such as when he made a whip to drive the moneychangers out from the temple. There are lots of examples in the Bible where he uses fierce interventions. Eldridge does a good job in bringing forth great examples of where Jesus is showing his human side in cases where there are injustices.

We caught the last half of American Idol after our study and then got ready for nite nite. Tomorrow I'm playing a pickle ball tournament at our rec where several folks from out of the area will be competing in both men's, women's and mixed doubles; should be fun and the competition should be great. We have some great competitors in our group and I'm interested to see how we will do. LATER

No comments: