Thursday, February 2, 2012

Wednesday

I immediately thought an animal must have captured Chester this morning as it was nearly 6:30 before I heard him finally crow; needless to say I was ambivalent at first. After an alarm clock wake up I did the usual with my quiet time then a bowl of cereal before pedalling out to the rec on my bike for a couple hours of pickle ball. There was a small crowd of about 5 guys to start the morning but by 10 AM both courts where full and a few were waiting. After the rec I headed home to water the garden. I counted another 5 squirrels in the back yard after we have trapped about 9-10 in the last couple weeks and moved them out of the area. I only wish they had a natural regulator as I can't remember of such an infestation of them in past years, Oh well!!

Amy and the kiddos went to Tampa to have lunch with Tyler so I helped get ready for house church by vacuuming after running a couple errands. Seems one our new phones have already had a battery go dead and those little rechargeable ones are expensive. I think because we hang it up after every call we wore the memory out according to the sales gal at Radio Shack. I came back from the errands and we finished the salad from last nights supper, yeow is that ever good eatin' and we know its all organic. I will make another one for Thursday's birthday supper for Bobby.

Nancy was making a pumpkin cheese cake per Bobby's request for his dessert and she tried Paula Dean's recipe but something when wrong when she used ginger snaps cookies to make the crust, needless to say it leaked into the oven and oh well what a mess. I fed it to my worms in the garden, we had to clean the oven and then she started over using her regular crust which by the way turned out beautiful; so much for exploring. I was afraid the fire dept. would show up with all the smoke coming from the oven; it was that bad.

I read the rest of the afternoon until it was time to eat left over cabbage rolls and smashed spuds, yikes anything with red sauce seems to be as good left over as when fixed originally. After eating I headed out to set the sprinkler in the front yard while we waited for our house church to arrive. We had 11 adults and 3 kids all total with 10 adults at our house. We finally broke up around 8 which gave us time to watch a little of the Idol before getting ready for bed. LATER

No comments: