Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wednesday

Well what a busy day but a day that ended with a Scotty and the Lightning winning. A thrilling way to end the season of American Idol and there will be a game 7 in the Stanley Cup playoffs. What a game.

I did some yard work before heading down to the driveway where I raked away some of the gullies created by the 1 3/4 inches of rain we had in about an hour last night. When the dirt is wet its so much easier to work with especially in the roadway.I weed whacked the driveway then cut back the trees that border the driveway. I then loaded all of the cut limbs onto the golf cart and brought them back to my fire pit which I burned after supper. I had a quite a pile. After finishing up that project Nancy and I took off for our hike of the day. We took the long way around and up by Ray's cabin(actually it no longer belongs to him) and met him coming down off the top in his pickup truck. We visited with him for awhile before taking off to the top. We saw Jetta and visited with her then decided we were getting hungry so we cut the rest of the hike short and headed down through the back woods. It was nearly 1 PM and we were hungry.

After a light lunch I did some garden work down below as the rain last night washed gullies through my Swiss chard and green beans. I dug a trench around the garden to divert the heavy rains away from the planted areas. I then cleaned out 2 large trash cans of leaves from the fence then took the push mower and mulched them. After cleaning up that project I started on repairing scarecrows as our four are in pretty bad shape, some even without heads as the high winds blew them somewhere into the woods. We decided to take a break so we rode out to the mailbox to check the mail and ran into to Tim who lives at the foot of our drive. We visited with him for awhile then headed home for a light supper. Meanwhile Carson(Ray's grandson) came by on the golf cart for a short visit so we postponed supper for awhile. After he left we made roll ups with left over steak, cheese, sour cream and hot peppers along with a salad.

After supper I staked my beans and burned the trash with the limbs I cut today before taking a ride(golf cart) ride to the top. We saw Norm and made arrangements to meet him in the morning to help him plant his garden. I will put the roto-tiller on the golf cart and hopefully get it up to the top. After leaving Norm we saw Ann and Sandy Cline for the first this year so we stopped and visited with them for a few. It was nearly 8 PM so we wanted to get back to see the grand finale of American Idol. It was great to see Scotty win as he is really a nice person and very talented. I watched the Lightning get the series to even 3 games so the final game with them vs Boston is Friday night. Go Lightning!!! Well its been a non-stop day with getting of chores completed but I find myself enjoying all this physical work LATER

No comments: