Saturday, May 14, 2011

Friday

Well it was another warm morning with high humidity and bright sunshine as I rode out to the rec for some pickle ball after my quiet time and a bowl of fresh watermellon, wow that was one of the best mellons we've had in a long time. There were soaked shirts today during pickle ball play as the a/c was broken or being replaced at the rec, yikes was it ever hot and by 10 AM I was whipped and wet with sweat. We had a small turnout with just 8 players so it made for very little rest time between games. Afterwards I did my usual crunches before riding out to the library and then home.

I got home and mowed the yard before the dew was completely gone as that helps hold down the dust, we need rain here once again as its been nearly 2 weeks since we had that cloudburst. My seedlings are growing nicely and I have a few different greens up as well as flowers I'm taking to the mountains next Saturday. Wow its hard believe the time has come to travel north but we are delighted to see where the highs next week are in the 60's with low's in the 40's. Yeah for a weather change as its starting to get miserably hot and muggy here.

Amy and the kids came for lunch and after they left we chilled until supper. Nancy had a huge pot of spagetti sauce cooking with fresh parsley, basil, oregano and onions from the garden, yikes that had our mouths watering all afternoon. GG and Pap as well as Amy and the kids came for supper as well. The salad was delicious as I added some fresh kale and of course basil, dill and fresh cukes. Wow was that ever good eatin'. After supper we played with the kids then watched the Ray's win another game as they are all alone in first place. Its good to see some good attendance at the game as well but I really enjoy watching on T.V.

The Lightning play their first game in a series with Boston and the winner in the best of 7 games play for the Stanley Cup. We won it a few years back and hopefully will repeat this year. Well not much else as we start to get ready for the big move to the mountains on Saturday. There is lots to do plus lots of get togethers with family and friends as we do a little each day. I'm making my "to do" list which is constantly growing. LATER

No comments: