Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tuesday

Well the morning was much the usual with a litte quiet time, leftover buckwheat cake with some fresh peaches on top before heading out for 2 1/2 hours of pickle ball. The first 45 minutes was brutal as only 3 players showd so we played 2 on 1 with some different rules but still I was whipped after that but then a bunch of really good folks arrived and we played hard until 10 AM. We had a new player Amy who was quick as lightning and an acceptual player. Seems she is quite a tennis player in Vermont. Anyhow I was useless the rest of the day so I caught up on some reading.

I did manage a little watering before my Amy and the kids came for lunch. Ava and Sam are just so cute together and we had a fun time until they left for their afternoon nap. Nancy took off to the rec and then Publix while I read and napped. Tomorrow I have yard work to do after pickle ball as the days are counting down until we head out, 11 more to go, wow where has the time gone!

I grilled a couple chicken breasts along with some tater tots and a salad for supper. I picked a couple cukes the other day and then a couple more are coming on. That plant takes up 1/3 of my garden and its just loaded with blooms but very few cukes, at least I'm getting a few. Everything else except for peppers and herbs are about dried up. The new seedlings are looking good and I'm hardening them off in the sun for 1/2 a day. They should be ready for the ground in the mountains as soon as I can get the garden roto-tilled and weeded. Lots to do there and I can forget the afternoon naps, but that what makes this change so exciting and fun.

Well not much is going so, LATER

No comments: