Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tuesday

Well what a day as the weather here has just been awesome with low humidity and some cloudiness but with a north breeze which has kept the heat away, so Sam and I spent about 2 hours outside after lunch as Ava had her 4 year checkup with shots. Anyhow the morning started out the usual with my quiet time and the last of the watermellon for breakfast before riding out to the rec for some 2 1/2 hours of pickle ball. We had a good turn out with 2 courts going constantly and afterwards I did my crunches. So far I've kept some of the belly fat off but its a struggle. I sure miss all those fine desserts, etc.

Sam and I had a great time playing outside after lunch, he just loves feeding the chicken next,(not the rooster as he thinks he's a dog) but the hen lets Sam rub it head and feed it greens from the garden. Its so cute and he loves playing with sticks and digging in the dirt. He did take a nose dive scratching his nose and cheek, along with a mouthful of dirt but that didn't seem to faze him for long as he was right back climbing on chairs. Ava got a couple shots in both arms as she was really scared at first but did well showing off her band aids when she got home.

Well we are doing a little each day as we get ready for our mountain trip on Saturday morning. I learned its cold and rainy there but by Sat. its supposed to be back into the upper 70's with clear skies and low's into the 50's. Thats great and are we so ever ready for a change. My seedlings are gettings big especially the 1/2 runner beans as they are sending out runner while still in the seed containers, they must be a foot or longer in height. The cukes here are just going crazy from the single plant. I picked 4 today with lots of nubbins.

The Ray's lost big to the Yank's and the Lighning lost a close one to the Bruins in hockey. Well will close for now, LATER

No comments: