Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday..packing day as we head to the mountains

Well its upon us as we scamper about doing last minutes chores, cleaning and packing. I barely slept last night as the anticipation level is at an all time high and tonight will be even worst. Anyhow after a restless, sleepless night I turned the alarm off a little after 6 AM and did my morning routine before heading out to the rec for about an hour of pickle ball. Sure missed some of the regular player but had a good workout that will last me until Sept. I hope to get a little play in the mountains but thats ify at best, anyhow its been nearly non-stop play here since November except for the holidays. Our players have just gotten so much better and its been a real treat to play with them daily, of course there are a couple players who on any given day are just great competitors.

After my quiet time, a V-8 and a banana I rode out and wouldn't you know it I saw 4 full grown otters cross the library driveway going from one pond to another this morning, first time I've ever seen that here in Seminole. I mentioned it to some people at rec and its become a frequent occurrence as the rec is surrounded by ponds. Anyhow after my hour or so of play I heading home as there was lots to do. I spent over an hour just digging up and wrapping my seedlings in wet newspaper for the trip to the cabin. I have a large assortment with; basil, thymn, dill, cilantro, hot peppers, yellow peppers, 4 types of tomato plants, 1/2 runner beans, cucumber, romaine lettuce, arrugala, beets, parsley,zinnas,nasturiums, marigolds, zuchinni and yellow squash just to name what I can remember. If all of these make I will have plenty to share so come on by and sit a spell.

After a lunch of leftover soup(zuppa) we started to tackle the house with cleaning , vaccumming and packing. I sprayed the outside of the house with Malathion(bug spray) and blew boric acid into the attic with the leaf blower(just in case any bugs are there). We are packed and with just a few touch ups ready to depart Seminole, FL. for Sparta, N.C, around 4 AM. I have to stop every 1 1/2 hours and walk for 10-15 minutes as I'm now suscectible to blood clots(deep vein thrombosis). So far except for that injury to my left leg I've had no promblems and no relaspe to the clotting.

We said our good-byes to Bobby, Jill, Annsley and Gabriel last night but we will see them around the 4th of July as they will visit for a week. Tonight Amy is making supper for us and we will say our good-byes to them and hopefully be on the road around 4 AM. With several stops on the way for gas, walking and groceries in Elkin, N.C. we hope to be at the cabin before 6 PM. That will give me enough time to get the riding mower out( install the battery) and maybe make a first cutting on the yard, if not so what we have lots of time and fresh air thats never been breathed before. For those of you who follow this rambling I will have much to talk about over the next several days, weeks and hopefully months. Nancy and I are truly blessed to be able to have 2 different places where we can spent time not only with our muched loved kids and grandkids but with different folks. We received a message today which just made me feel priviledged in that they just love our time at the cabin. It is a different lifestyle there and of course the folks in the area are just down right wonderful with just a few exceptions.

Well I've rambled on long enough and when I pickup this post again hopefully I'll be dinking cold water from the the mountain, hearing crickets at night(I will not miss that darn rooster at 5 AM)and breathing fresh air thats never been breathed before. If your up into my neck of the woods give me a holler 'cause there is always an empty rockin' chair that needs rocked. Thanks for reading my babble, LATER

No comments: