Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thursday

Well once again it was so quiet here this morning that I had trouble sleeping in after 6 AM so I rolled out and did my quiet time before Nancy got out of bed. We were scheduled to head up to the top and help with our old friend Norm to get his garden ready to plant. After a breakfast of poached eggs over grits and a left over roll I loaded the roto-tiller and did some garden hoeing while waiting for Nancy to get ready. We headed out a little before 9 and what a beautiful morning with temps in the 60's and a nice breeze.

I turned his garden over and removed some large rocks so big all I could was roll them out of the garden. I wonder how this patch of ground produced veggies on top of some of these rocks as they were that large, anyhow after turning the ground and Nancy picking up the smaller rocks I dug 5 post holes so Norm could fix the fence where the posts had broken off and needed replaced. I had worked up a good sweat and my shirt was soaken. We finished up around 11:30 and headed home. Norm had about a dozen tomato wire cages he was getting rid of so I brought them home and staked my dozen plus plants.

After a lite lunch we headed down below to restore, redress and paint new faces on our 4 scare crows. We had a funtime remembering when Ava was here last summer and how she loved the scare crows but was somewhat frightened by them as well. We had a couple chicken breasts along with some home canned green beans and a baked potato for supper. My how great the food tastes here. It was a day of little jobs except for the morning garden work. Norm was most appreciative. The roto-tiller threw the belt just as we finished Norm garden and it took my neighbor Gerald to show me what I was doing wrong in trying to get it back on track, some times I wonder about my mechanical abilities.

Well I just had my shower and its so relaxing afterwards I can hardly keep my eyes open so I will close for now as a rain shower just came through and the noise on the tin roof is very soothing and is downright making me sleepy. Its supposed to rain most of the day tomorrow so we will head to Galax to stock up on groceries, flowering annuals and other goodies. LATER

No comments: