Friday, May 13, 2011

Thursday

Well what a day with the usual quiet time, V-8 and a bowl of oatmeal before heading out on the bike to the rec for some 2 1/2 hours of pickle ball. Afterwards I stopped by the weight room for some 100 plus crunches before pedalling home to do some yard work. I trimmed the shrubs and bushes which took me right up until it was time to get ready to head out for a luncheon at Jersey Jim's condo on the beach. What a super place he has with a birds eye view of the sandy beach from his balcony. We had a good turn out with about 15 players and their spouse along with brat's, pizza, quiche, salads, chips, cupcakes and melon. What a good spread and then we sat around small talking with Ray's Baseball(they won) on in the background. We sure missed several folks who for whatever reason failed to attend.

After getting back from the luncheon I just chilled as it was very hot and humid out so I read until it was time to put the chicken on the grill for supper. Amy and the kids were coming for supper so we snapped garden fresh 1/2 runners beans along with oven taters and a couple sliced garden grown cukes made for fine eatin'. My cukes have all of a sudden started to produce and I'm picking a couple each day. Well after supper I took the kids out in the yard and let them play while I watered the gardens and yard. There was a nice breeze and the high heat had started to dissipate as evening approached, however the nasty mosquitoes were out and looking to bite any and all they could find.

After Amy and the kids left around 8 we headed in to watch American Idol and I watched the Red Wings get beat in the 7th game by the Sharks. Not much else so, LATER

No comments: