Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tuesday

Well another busy day which started out with my quiet time, a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries and a banana and I was up before 6 AM. After a "spot of green tea" I headed out to check on the new seedlings and to just gather all of the mountain smells, sounds as well as the quietness that comes to this beautiful part of creation. Nancy was getting ready as we were heading to Sparta. After our visit at the telephone company we stopped at Lowes Grocery as we were entertaing Walt and Thelia for supper this evening. Walt was helping me install a new water shutoff valve in the well house. He talked me through the exercise as he is no longer able to get down on his knees especially in this well house even though I was able to jack up the top and slide it back enough to stand up but the cold wet cement made the knees ache. We managed to complete the project just before the skies opened up with 1 1/2 inches of rain in a short period of time.

We picked up a nice London Broil and marinated it all afternoon while we planted more seeds and I mowed the backwoods yard. I also weeded the garlic bed and fertilzed the foot in height plants. I then planted six hills of red potatoes that I had brought from my Florida garden. The weather showed a promise of thundershowers and boy did the clouds ever open up just as we finished the job. I started the grill and Nancy made her parsley and rosemary crusted oven taters as well a a pot of October beans(like pintos) and a fresh salad. We had a feast and were too full for dessert even if we had one. I really haven't missed dessert and its a bad habit to have one with evening meals.

I forgot to mention on the way home from Sparta we stopped to visit with our mountain mom, Helen. She loked great and was outside moving mulch and working with her tractor, wow is she incrediable for age. Well I'm fighting being sleepy as we just finished watching American Idol, go Scotty!!!!

No comments: