Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday

Well this weather has really been strange as today a cold front moved into the area and sucked all the humidity out and its been just a gorgeous day. We actually have the windows open and the a/c off and Nancy turned the fans off as she was chilled, yikes this is strange especially since it was so hot and humid just Saturday.

Well after my quiet time this morning and a bowl of watermelon I rode out to the rec for my usual 2 1/2 hours of pickle ball. It sure was good to have Mitsuko back safely from Japan as she visited her mother and brother in the southern part of the country away from the devastated areas. She said the death toll is over 100 thousand deaths due to the quake and tusamni. We had a small crowd only about 12 total as several left early. Afterwards I played some ping pong then did my crunches before heading home to water the garden and pick a few cukes before lunch. Amy and the kiddos came and we had leftover spaghetti, wow was that ever good. After eating I did some phone calls in setting up phone and DSL service at the cabin as well as address changes, putting t.v.and phone services on vacation as well as garbage pick up on vacation here. The realization we will be in the mountains this time next week is exciting. The weather next weekend is high 60's with sunshine and no rain which will give us a chance to mow and maybe get these seedlings in the ground for my garden.

Well not much else is going on except Amy, Sam and Ava came for lunch today and Sam is still cutting is molars so his eating is not the best but he loves being out along with Ava. I gave them a couple fishing worms to play with and they were entertained for an hour. They both love playings with bugs and picking my flower heads. Well not much else except the Yankees are whipping the Rays tonight; as I write they are down 4 runs and it doesn't look too good for a comeback win. LATER

No comments: