Saturday, May 7, 2011

Friday

Well what a day for weather changes. First the morning was beautiful with temps in the high 60's and bright sunshine as I headed out to the rec after my quiet time, bowl of oatmeal with a banana. We had a small group today with only men for a change so the play fast and furious for the whole 2 1/2 hours. By 10 Am we had lost a couple regulars and was down to just 4 guys and were we ever whipped. I did manage to do a ton of crunches before heading home in the face of an approaching storm. I wasn't home 10 minutes when it let loose and it rained about as hard as I've ever seen it rain and for at least an hour or more. There was a river in front of my house as the water ran down the street. I would say we 3-4 inches in that hour.

Amy and the kids came about noon for lunch and we had a good time playing with them, seems Ava was bitten by something Wednesday night and complained about her neck so Amy took her to the doctor and she is on an antibiotic. She seemed fine today but there still is a little swelling in an around the neck. After the kids left for their afternoon naps I read until supper time. I'm reading an Ann Rule book about a former female Washington State Trooper who supposedly committed suicide but the shoddy work by the local police and coroner will probably let the killer go free which was her husband. IN THE STILL OF THE NIGHT is a great read and some good investigating by one officer and the mother has kept this case alive after 11 years.

I grilled the last of the salmon( as we are eating out the freezer) along with some fresh peas and fried taters made for a good supper. Afterwards we settled in to watch the Ray's beat the Orioles in Baltimore with a new rookie hitting a homer his first plate appearance in the major leagues, he is a Virginia boy. LATER

No comments: