Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday






Wow what a busy day with it starting around 6:30, at least I slept a little better with the soft rain beating on the tin roof so I was in bed by 10 and asleep by 10:01 After my quiet time and a cup of hot green tea I poached a couple eggs and mixed them up into a bowl of instant grits and washed that down with a V-8. Afterwards I headed out to tackle the back and upper yards as it was to wet to do anything else except use the weed whacker. I whacked the grass down to about 8 inches and let it set until after supper when the grass dried up enough to use the riding mower.

About 10 AM we headed up the back trail to take our first hike of the year. We only stopped once up the back trail and once we reached the lower road it was continuous walking until we stopped and visited Norm at his place. He lost his wife, Betty this year and he has had several different ailments since we saw him last November. I promised him if the rain held off I would roto-till his garden tomorrow. He is ready to set out his plants but not near as many since he is alone. After the hike we headed down to have a bit of lunch before I headed out to transplant some more seedlings. Nancy was weeding around the well house when she heard water spraying and sure enough the cut off valve had developed a pin hole leak. I tried to fix it but to no avail when I called my friend and plumber Walt who came out to take a look as to what we will need to correct the problem. He is coming back On Tuesday to re work the plumbing in the well house and will stay and have supper with us along with his sweet wife Theila.

After they left we worked on setting out marigolds, zinnias and nasturtiums and then moving more seedlings into large pots until it was time for supper. We had chicken picata(frozen from Sam's) which was superb along with some angel hair pasta. After eating Nancy cleaned up so I fired up the mower and worked over the the yard once again. Nancy came out and raked while I picked up sticks and limbs in the out back yard. Hopefully I can get it mowed in the next couple days. Well it was a full day never setting down at all except to eat and take a golf cart ride out to the mailbox just before supper, LATER

No comments: