Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wednesday

Well the day started out with me waking up to the sound of rain falling on the tin roof. Normally this would be such a cozy snug sound that makes you want to roll over and go back to sleep. But we have been hearing that sound since Sunday night except for a few brief moments. Last year we were begging for rain but after the last 3 weeks we are starting to"quack up." Its raining as I write. Oh well, after my quiet time and a lite breakfast I finished a novel, watched t.v.nd spent some considerable time on Face book looking at a nephews 200 pics from the redwood forest in California. Wow I had forgotten how gigantic those trees were. I once took a trip over to the "Valley of the Giants" to see the oldest and largest redwoods in Calif. That area is beautiful as well as is the rugged coastline. A must if you ever get to California.

About 10:30 we noticed the rain had stopped and the fog began to roll in once again. Nancy and I thought this was as good as any chance we might have for a walk as we were unable to get one in yesterday. We made it nearly 3/4 ths of the way in our usual route when we could feel the fog gradually turning to a wet drizzle. We cut through Roddy's place and started back down the mountain only to get back in time before the down pour started again, Oh well it rained hard off and on all day and when it wasn't pouring rain the fog was so thick you couldn't see the back yard. The temperature was barely 60 degrees which made it seem colder yet. I talked Nancy into making a pot of vegetable beef soup with a pan of cornbread for dinner. That cornbread was good dripping in Amish butter and homemade jelly. Wow was that ever good and warmed you right up. After dinner and the dishes were washed the rain had stopped so I headed out for the mailbox walking. I was on my way back when I heard Nancy in the golf cart coming out to meet me as the rain started once again. She saved me from a soaking.

I almost forgot to mention when we went to Galax,Va. on Monday we decided to stop and see if our Florida friends, Ralph and Sarah Ann Payne had made it up for their reunion. We saw their car and stopped for a short visit with Sarah Ann. Ralph had gone back to bed as he was plumb tuckered out from such a busy weekend. His health is not the best and they missed coming up last year all together for the first time ever because of his health. It was good to sit and chat for awhile especially in their home town. We are hopeful we will get to see them again later this summer.

Well the Tampa Bay Ray's are on a winning streak and hopefully will be able to repeat like last year. We got a call from a church friend about a concert at Cornerstone Sunday night and that a dessert was needed so Nancy will make her famous chocolate chip cookies. Well we are hoping for at least no rain tomorrow or maybe just a shower as we need to dry out. My veggie garden has standing water, hopefully the plants won't rot. LATER

No comments: