Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday
















The morning started out as if it was going to rain with the temp in the low 60's. I rolled out about 6:30 and did my quiet time. I did a check for deer damage and everything looked good except for being waterlogged after last evenings downpour which had to have dropped at least 2 inches in an hour. Nancy had a doctor appointment at 10:30 to have her blood pressure checked with this new medication she is taking so there was no need to start any projects. Nancy fixed some instant grits along with a couple eggs and some toast for breakfast. That held me most of the day with only a few peanut butter crackers around 1 PM.

After the doctor visit we stopped at Lowe's grocery and picked up some items we were going to need for the weekend. We were planning on visiting Mal-mart next week but found out after getting back home there is a festival this weekend called Leaf and String in Galax, Va. The town will be shut down with live mountain music, crafts, fast foods, etc. Its a 3 day festival and we have made it the past 5 years so we will truck over there tomorrow after breakfast and try to be back home sometime in the early afternoon. We may have lunch at Macadoo's or Subway. I'm sure we will stop at Wal-Mart
WE got a nice hike in to the top of the mountain and saw some neighbors we hadn't seen since last October and we also learned several of our mountain top friends are having some health issues. We wish the best for John and Shirley, Tommi and Joe as they have some real health concerns. While visiting we took some photo's from the top of the surrounding mountains. The day turned out to be just gorgeous with a nice breeze. I think the high for the day was 78.
After our photo trip we came back and I spread some more grass seed working it into the bare spots in the back yard. The heavy down pour last night washed away most of the seed I spread with a spreader as it layed on top of the ground so I decided to work this seed into the ground with hoe. Well that was a job and my shoulders and arms feel it now.In between our hike and photo trip, Carson came by several time in the afternoon and evening to visit and to play checkers. He is getting better each time we play as I try to help him with his moves.I haven't let him win yet but he keeps hinting he would like to win
I cut up a chicken for dinner and grilled it while Nancy made fried spuds and onions and fresh broccoli along with a store bought garden salad.I have a difficult time growing lettuce here for some reason but I have some planted along with kale. Well I will get out of here as my body says it needs a hot relaxing shower.
The pictures; the hazy one is Mt. Pilot, its down near Mt. Airy(Mayberry), the other mountain is Bull Head its near Sparta and we pass it every time we go to town, the spider pic is of a huge recluse, the body is as big as 50 cent piece and was raised up with hundreds of little bitty spiders clinging to the body,needless to say we didn't realize that until I squished it with my shoe, the brook pic is taken as you come in our lane at a friends house, we go down and play in the cool water when its really hot out and of course the picture of Carson"Evil Knievel" is self explanatory. He rides the bike standing on the seat, without hands and jumps anything that will boost him airborne. Such a dare devil but he really knows how to handle the bike. LATER

No comments: