Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tuesday

Well it was another beautiful morning with temp's down into the 50's and bright blue skies.After our quiet times I did a check for deer damage and found none so I finished the last of the homemade cinnamon rolls before heading out. I picked up some roofing for M. Gray's shed from neighbor Gerald. He had (14) 12 foot long pieces of galvanized tin roof 26 inches wide under his red cabin that he had no use for so I took them to Ms. Gray's and stored them until Andy and I can replace her roof. Mean while I picked up some old picnic tables and benches from her shed and restored them after lunch.Tomorrow I will paint them green.

After getting back Nancy and I took our daily hike to the top of the mountain and came back to a lite lunch of salad. I did a little watering as many of the potted plants as well as some of the garden plants have started to dry out as we have had no rain now for nearly 5 days. I drug our the garden hose for Nancy to water her flower beds.

Nancy made a great pasta dish with fresh shiitake mushrooms, garlic and shredded chicken in a creamy white sauce and I grilled 2 fresh Zucchini squash with a little olive oil and Lowery Salt. Yumm is that ever good. After dinner I rode over to Ray's on the mower and mowed his yard. I got back around 7 PM and Jodi and Gerald decided we would get together for games. After my shower I got a call from Jodi that neighbor Gail Redman had fallen down her steep bank and broken her leg. So I headed over to assist until EMS arrived and carted her off to the hospital in Elkin.

We got together after Gail was transported along with Ray and Audine to play sequence. The girls won again 3-2. Well its been a long day so I will hit the sack. LATER

No comments: