Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thursday

Well the morning started out with temps in the low 60's and cloudy. We slept in until 7 and I believe if I rolled back over I could have slept longer. There is something about this mountain air, quietness and walking up and down these hills all day. After a hot cup of green tea and my quiet time I did a check for deer damage. I'm glad to report there wasn't any damage.

I headed out to collect some food for my earthworms in my compost pile. They truly love oak leaves and horse manure mixed together. I had collected some horse dropping a week ago so I needed the oak leaves, well the back woods are loaded with tons of leaves from last fall so I collected 2 large trash cans then mulched them up with the lawn mower; believe me for all you gardeners earthworm casings is the best organic fertilizer.

The forecast was for more rain so we decided to get our hike in earlier than usual. We did the usual route however we made it to the top without a stop. Wow, we were panting but both of us can feel the change of getting back into shape. The hike took us a different route on the way back. We kicked up 3 deer and saw where a new deer stand had been built since last year.

I fashioned a new handle for a broken hoe out of a pine bough as the shies opened up and chased us inside until it was time to head to Cornerstone to take orders for Angel food. We were there 3 hour and on the way back to the cabin once encountered a heavy thunderstorm. Luckily there was no hail in this one. There was some lightning and thunder and the water ran in torrents down the road. We got home and fixed a frozen pizza and a fresh salad for dinner. Carson came by after the storm looking for a game of checkers but the wind blew the rain up and under the front porch so all the furniture as well as the checker board was wet. We decided to play tomorrow instead.

Well not much else a happening, LATER

No comments: