Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday

Well the day started with temp's in the 50's, bright sunshine an a slight breeze. Just a picture perfect day with birds singing and dew dripping from the roof. The flowers overnight were just bursting open especially the Shasta daisy's and cone flowers. After our quiet times we had a lite breakfast of banana, peaches and cantaloupe.

I hand watered the veggie and flower gardens for about an hour, we could use a good shower as everything is starting to dry out. After watering I took off to visit Joe as we shared some goodies, thanks Joe the onions were very sweet. I sure hope that Terro ant killer works for you as it sure did for us, so far. I stopped off at Helen's to pick up my straw hat I left there a couple days ago. Helen was on her Kobota tractor/mower just a mowing away. She is such a worker.

After my visits Nancy and I took a nice long hike to the top and it was just a beautiful day to be hiking. Low or no humidity with a slight breeze and temp's in the 70's. We got back at lunch time so we finished off the left over salad. After lunch I did a few garden chores, cleaned out from under the back porch and fitted a handle to a small sledge hammer I broke on Friday. By now its 4:30 and time to stop and get ready for supper. Nancy was busy folding the 3 loads of laundry she had hanging on the line. Just a great day to have clothes on the line drying.

We finished off the left overs; fried trout from Saturday for me and pork loin from Friday for Nancy. We also cleaned up the rice, carrots and cole slaw. Wow it was nearly as good as the nights we fixed it. After dinner I washed the dishes and then headed out to water the back yard in the wooded area. I set the sprinkler and we took off on the golf cart. We visited with Russ and Linda who are building a cabin down the hill from us and then we took off for the top of the mountain. The clean crisp air made for great visibility. Pilot Mountain was very visible as well as down down Winston-Salem.

I burned the trash and continued watering until 9:30 as it was still not totally dark at that time. Nancy had retired to the couch and HGTV. Well less than 48 hours and the Ross Family will be here for a few days. We are getting excited to see them as its been over a month. LATER

No comments: