Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thursday

Yea, the sun shined most of the day until about 5 when it clouded over and a lite rain shower occurred. It wasn't much of a rain just enough to make you take cover. The morning was quite wet after the past 3-4 days of all most continuous rain. After our quiet time and a lite breakfast I headed outside to check on the gardens. The sun and a slight breeze quickly dried things out so by the afternoon the grass was dry enough to mow. I deferred mowing until Saturday but did do some weed eating after lunch.

I managed to hoe around all the plants to get a little air to the roots and to stake my sugar peas as they are climbers as well as my tomato plants. After doing that Nancy was ready for a hike. We took off and got a full hike in to the top and down the back road before heading back to the cabin after about an hour. The view on top was so nice with just a little haze down off the mountain. We walked up on a deer and Nancy had to pretend to chase it before it finally jumped off into the woods. It must have been the same deer I shot at 3 times before it finally took off.

After the hike and lunch I trimmed some lower branches from the trees in the back yard then started a brush pile later burning the limbs. That kept me busy right up to supper time. We finished the leftover veggie soup and corn bread, YUMMM!!! Nancy made a couple smores for dessert, I passed this time. It was certainly nice to be outside all day and my muscles feel it after using that pole saw while standing atop a ladder. The neck, shoulder and arm muscles are aching.

Well tomorrow is supposed to be even nicer than today. LATER

No comments: