Monday, June 8, 2009

Monday
















The morning nearly slipped us by as we slept in until nearly 8 AM, by then the sun was streaming through the trees. After a hot cup of green tea and a handful of vitamins and supplements I started my quiet time. Nancy headed outside to do her quiet time with a cup of hot coffee.I toasted a couple pieces of bread and ate a peach for breakfast.

I headed out to the yard and gardens to check for deer damage; seeing none I loaded up the bean sprayer with full strength bleach and proceeded to soak the shed with this solution. Wow does it eat away the mildew and makes the stain look fresh and new. Sure beats painting and its a lot cheaper; I finished the shed while Nancy was putting herself together(hair, makeup and a face on). We decided to get our hike in before it got to warm so we headed up the hill about 10:30. We were gone about an hour and half and got back just in time for lunch.Nancy made tomato sandwiches with salsa and chips on the side. It was great sitting out on the deck having our lunch.
After eating I drug out the fire circle benches and started to make repairs. One bench was so dry rotted it was time to dismantle and eventually I burned it this evening with the rest of the trash. I managed to salvage 3 others and repainted them for another summer. I used as much pressure treated lumber as possible in the repairs. They set out all summer in all the weather and I'm surprised they have lasted as long as they have. All of the seedlings I set out yesterday are doing great and the pole beans have added another leaf over night.
I grilled a couple marinated chicken breasts and along with them, Nancy fixed wild rice, spinach and a salad which made for an excellent dinner that we ate out on the deck. After eating we transplanted a dozen or so sunflowers and some lavender seedlings. We had our first Mr. Blackie(snake) sighting as he was underneath the deck, down by the basement. I shooed him on his way back down into the wine berry patch. Enclosed are some pics Nancy took of our flowers blooming, wild mountain laurel in bloom around the cabin and of the grounds.
Well its seems there is a thunderstorm on the way as we just had a loud thunder and the lights flickered. LATER

No comments: