Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wednesday

Well top of the day to all. It was another super morning with the temp in the low 60's, a little warmer than usual but with lots of blue skies and bright sunshine. I rolled out a little after 6 AM and made my usual cup of HOT green tea, then did a quick visual check for deer in an around the yard and garden. Seeing none I did my quiet time and checked in on Face book. After checking Rays Weather.com and seeing that its supposed to be 80% rain tomorrow(Thursday), we decided to do Galax, Va and shop during the rain, instead of wasting a beautiful day for outside activities instead of shopping.

After a lite breakfast of oatmeal, banana and peach I did a walk around the gardens and checked on all the new seedlings. I did a load of my work clothes and hung them out on the line. Nancy was up and doing her thing and talking with our friend and neighbor, Carol and informing me she wanted to take a long hike to the top of the mountain. I hadn't taken a hike as of yet which is hard to believe for me as I'm use to taking at least 2 and sometimes 3 a day. I've been walking up and down these stairs and hills so much my knees still ache and wasn't really excited about hiking to the top.

Nothing eventful happened on the hike, like seeing a bear or any wild life. The morning breeze made the walk on top pleasant with lots of birds singing and the smell of fresh cut grass a refreshing aroma. We hiked for over an hour and we were both hungry when we got home around 11:30. Nancy made some bean burritos with chili, chopped tomato's, onion, cheese, sour cream and of course I used a fresh jalapeno on mine with a little Taco Bell sauce all on a flour tortilla. YUMM!!!

After lunch I repaired the picnic table, put a new chain on my chainsaw, then sharpened it and then read for about an hour while we had a nice thunder storm. We had been contacted early in the morning about assisting with some janitorial chores at Cornerstone later this evening. So we had an early dinner of grilled salmon, garlic butter pasta and fresh yellow squash. We met with 4 other folks to clean the church at 6:45.

After the clean up which took about an hour of; vacuuming, mopping, dusting etc. we were out of there and back to the cabin before dark. LATER

No comments: