Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday

Hooray the sun is shining and the rain has gone away for 2 days as I write. After sleeping in until 7, Nancy and I did our quiet times; she with java, me with green tea. I then strained and transferred my must(fermented cherry juice) into a glass container to age. I then had a lite breakfast of cantaloupe and a banana and checked for deer damage. Finding none I got a load of work clothes in the wash and out on the line while Nancy got ready for our morning hike.

After our hike which was rather boring we decided to check out the new farmers market in the Roaring Gap community. This is its first year which carries only local produce, meats and bakery goods with a few crafts. We found some home made cinnamon rolls as the local produce isn't in yet. There was an assortment of cheese's made from both cow's and goats milk produced in Galax, Va. After leaving there we checked out Roaring Gap's store and found a fresh baked loaf of sourdough bread. So much for losing these "love handles" with all that bread. We came back home and made tomato, onion and mayo sandwiches for lunch on the fresh baked bread. We even broke into the cinnamon rolls and microwaved them and added fresh Amish butter on top. Yeow were they ever delicious.

After lunch I started working on the bare spots in the back yard with a hoe, lime, fertilizer and grass seed. Hopefully I can eventually get a good stand of grass. Its hard to believe just 3 years ago this area was wooded. I'm starting to get a little moss in the real shaded areas and the lack of lime and fertilizer I learned contribute to its growth as well as all this rain. What a job this is but I find the results thus far to be a good stand of grass peeping through the dirt. I need to spread a truck load of lime on the front as well as the back yards later this summer.

After a dinner of a hamburger steak on a bun with tater tots and a salad; we showered and headed next door to Jodi and Gerald's for some domino's. Gabriel, their son the youngest player whipped us all by a good margin. At least it was a male who won for a change. We learned a new wrinkle for the game which makes it go a little faster.

Well will close for now as tomorrow is a big day; angel food in the morning and Boogie's for dinner with Ms. Helen later in the evening and possibly games later tomorrow night with neighbors next door. LATER

No comments: