Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday







The day started out with blue skies, bright sunshine and temp's in the high 50's. After our quiet time and a lite breakfast we got ready for worship at Cornerstone. Just before leaving for church I over turned my wheel barrow of plant seedlings, so I knew when I got home I was going to have to set them out.

Worship was awesome with great music and teaching by Pastor B. We saw several folks we missed last week for the first time in 7 months. What a great group we have come know and love at Cornerstone. Afterwards we headed out to the grocery store, dollar general, Hawks for produce and and finally at the flats for tomato's. We got back to the cabin around 1 PM. Nancy made us a tomato, onion and mayo sandwich with a little salsa on the side. We had been invited by The Dalton's for a fish fry at their place and a domino night including Mechelle's parents, Gerald and Kaye. Dinner was very good with fresh lettuce out of the garden, canned green beans, squash casserole, fried catfish and crappy, yeast rolls peach cobbler and brownies. We also got see Kallie's sugar glider. It a small marsupial from Australia and has beautiful markings. I almost forgot to mention the gals beats the guys by 60 points; however one of the guys had the lowest score by a big bunch. I won't mention who THAT was.

I managed to set out my tomato's, peppers, kale, radishes, squash and cucumbers before we had to leave for the Dalton's. On the way home after dinner the moon was such a vivid orange in color and it seemed to be just hanging around at the top of the mountain. What a beautiful evening. The day was just a beautiful day with a dry cool breeze and temp's not over 75. LATER

1 comment:

farmrgurl said...

We had an awesome time!