Saturday, June 6, 2009

Saturday


The morning brought bright sunshine, blue skies and cool temp's. We slept in until just before 8 AM and the 53 degrees was a welcome change. The highs for the day stayed around 70. After my quiet time an a lite breakfast of left over buckwheat pancakes I headed out to weed eat the yard. It took me about 2 hours to do the yard and by the Nancy was ready for a hike.


We took a 1 1/2 hour hike stopping to visit with Roddy and Kathy on top of the mountain. It was nearly 1:30 before we got back and had a lite lunch of tomato, onion and lettuce sandwich. We knew we were eating an early dinner because Sequence players were coming at 6 PM. Nancy made a big bowl of salsa with chips, Kimberly made a layered taco dip with chips, Jodie brought artichoke & spinach dip with ships and Audine made a German chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream.Too much to munch on but very good. I passed on the cake and cream. Nancy heated up the left over beans, 'taters and cornbread for dinner.


Well I have to say the girls; Nancy, Kimberly, Jodi and Audine were playing the best they have ever played and did put a whupping on us guys; Me, Gerald, Eddie and Ray. They won by a score of 9 games to just one game for us. We aren't sure what happened but somehow they never shut up, especially Kimberly and that distraction lead to our demise. The summer is young. We played until nearly 10 PM.


Well I got much of the yard mowed after lunch and its so much easier with the riding mower. After mowing I once again spread about 20 lbs. of grass seed with another 50 lbs of fertilizer on the back yard. Well I can hardly keep my eyes open as its nearly 11 PM. LATER

2 comments:

Jodi said...

TEN to one.

Jerry said...

O.K. I stand corrected 10 to 1