Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tuesday Morning

Well Monday was a day that started out cold and chilly and although it did warm up to the high 60's it was cool in the shade. I actually had long pants on most of the day. The morning started with the usual quiet time and then a lite breakfast(meal replacement shake) before heading out to the rec for a couple plus hours of pickle ball. The ride on my bike was chilly with my breath visible and eyes were a watering from the cold breeze at 7:30, yikes!! We had a large gang to today with 3 courts going and a couple waiting to get on and play.

I stopped off at the library for a new read on my way home and found out from Nancy the power was off in the 'hood. Our whole block was down for a couple hours and one neighbor said she thought it was for the tree trimmers; but they cut our trees a couple weeks ago, Oh well!! Nancy took off for her moms so I just sat and read as I couldn't even water the garden. I did manage to co-ordinate the tow truck to pick up the car from my friend who was donating it to a needy family by using a neighbors phone. My friend is 94 and on his final leg of life and wanted help getting rid of his '86 Lincoln. It was nice vehicle with close to 100K miles.

The power came back on a little after noon so Nancy, GG, Amy and Sam came for lunch after finishing up at GG's. She is all ready for the workers to tear out her kitchen as the cabinets are empty. She will eat with us for a few days. Well I watched Sam all afternoon as Amy had to take Ava for a dental appointment after school. We played outside in the sunshine until he got hungry for a snack then we headed in for him to watch monster trucks on the Internet. He sat on my lap for an hour mesmerized by the noise and the action these trucks make. He finally got tired of that then Nancy read several books to him when she got back from the rec.

I picked a nice mess of green beans for supper to go along with grilled marinated chicken breasts and a garden salad, yeow was that ever tasty. After the clean up it was Fox News until shower time then I read until lights out at 11, LATER 

No comments: