Saturday, February 2, 2013

Saturday Morning

Well Friday was another one of the days that is remembered around the dining room table with lots of family. The morning started with chilly temps into the middle 40's but with bright sunshine as I rode my bike to the rec after my quiet time and a lite breakfast. I got in almost 2 hours of pickle ball play as on Friday's I watch my oldest grandson, Sam starting at 9:45. Amy and Nancy both attend a Bible Study so instead of putting Sam in the nursery he comes and stays the morning with me. We had a great time together as he is quite the imaginative one. He loves to set over by the chain link fence where the neighbors chickens congregate and talk to them and play with them through the fence; of course he digs in the dirt like I did as a child and entertains himself until he gets hungry.

Amy picked up Sam around noon and headed home and then I picked lots of lettuces, beet greens, kale and dill for the salad and the evening supper. I cleaned, dried and broke up enough for a huge bowl and then Nancy added the finishing touches just before we ate. Since Amy wasn't eating lunch with us we had one of our favorite lunches; sardines on a cracker with fresh sliced onions and mustard, Yeow is that ever good and I found some with green chiles in olive oil; delicious. We polished off 3 cans between us and of course I get the bones from Nancy's can as well. What a tasty lunch and good for you as well.

We learned our son did a pound rescue 6 month old pup which is part Scotty and Yorkie. They brought Sugar with them so we all could meet her. Her hair reminds me of a warthog the way it tufts out; of course that brought lots of boos, but she is cute and seems to be smart and laid back. With 4 kids petting, chasing and being inquisitive she did really well and there were no accidents on the floor. She does have a nice personality with the puppy biting stage of sharp needle teeth gone. She curled up in the back seat between Annsley and Gabriel as they travelled.










Well I must say making lasagna is a big messy job but the results were awesome as we had 2 large pans; enough in one pan to have our friends Dan and Carole down for supper tonight and play cards. The meal was fantastic with the garlic bread, fresh home grown salad, lasagna and of course Bobby wanted homemade pumpkin cheesecake. The cheesecake was awesome as well as I didn't past this one up. We sang to Bob and Nancy put candles on his cake; wow 32 years old on Sunday and where did that time go?? Amy's birthday is in May and she will be 30 so our kiddos will both be heading for what I use to think was middle age.

Well after baths, hugs and kisses we starting picking up toys and saying good-byes for the night as it was going on 9 so everyone started heading out for home as Bob and the family have a long drive back to Riverview. Betsy took GG home and then Amy and Tyler corralled Sam and Ava for their short ride home. It was a fun evening and I will post some pictures if possible. Picasso has been acting weird lately, LATER   

No comments: