Thursday, February 14, 2013

Thursday Morning

Wednesday morning was much the usual with a wake up by the noisy roosters next door then my quiet time before pedalling out to the rec for a couple hours of pickle ball. We had a large crowd with 3 courts going at one time with a couple folks waiting to get on to play. Afterwards I headed home to work in the garden.

The humidity level headed upwards despite the morning fog and overcast skies so the A/C went back on. There was moisture in the air and by sundown we experienced some light rain. Wow did we ever need that for the yards. I transplanted my sweet onions that are supposed to make a bulb from the 9 pack containers into the ground and did they ever have some nice big roots. The secret to growing onions is to not plant them to deep or all you will have his scallions and they are voracious eaters as well; so use lots of fertilizer or what I use is a time release osmocote. I took our new neighbors another large head of bib lettuce and she was thrilled plus I picked several more tomatoes. I'm cleaning out a row of matured lettuce as I have several more seedlings that will go in the ground in a couple weeks so I made a nice large salad for lunch which Nancy and I shared along with the last of the rotisserie chicken on top, Yeow was that ever good.

I picked up KILLING KENNEDY by Bill O'Reilly at the library yesterday and wow is all I can say about this read. I did about half of it yesterday and it's awesome the way he writes and puts things into perspective. This should be a history book along with KILLING LINCOLN and a must read for all students. My family was Roosevelt Democrats and loved Kennedy and they were severely upset over his death. I was in high school and I remember sitting up over night to watch the election returns when he won the election as well as in just a few short years later he was assassinated. While I was never a fan of Teddy Kennedy's politics and his personal life decisions I did like JFK's ideals for America and thought that Bobby was somewhat of a decent person as well.

We headed over to pick up GG around 5 then headed for Amy and Tyler's for supper. She had roasted a small turkey along with smashed tater's, green beans, gravy and GG brought her famous dried stuffing. Wow what a feast that was and even Sam cleaned his plate. Ava is a little more finicky with her eating but she too ate well. Nancy and I brought their Valentine's Day gift bags with cars for Sam and little ponies for Ava along with clothes and candy. We stayed and played with the kids until nearly 8 when it was time for their baths.

Well it was home in the rain after dropping off GG to watch Survivor and Idol. I flipped in between shows and finally watched a show of Duck Dynasty. DD is my favorite all time reality show and it is a gut buster of laughter, LATER

No comments: