Saturday, February 23, 2013

Saturday Morning

Well Friday was a busy day that started with the birds crowing next door at 5:30 in the morning; whats with these guys as its dark outside. I did manage to stay in the sack until 6:30 but I never fell back asleep, oh well!! After my quiet moments and a grapefruit for breakfast I pedalled out for a short workout at the rec with some very good pickle ball play for about an hour. If wet shirts indicate a good workout then I had a good one. I stopped by the library on the way home to pickup the latest Grisham book THE RACKETEER which the library was holding for me.

Well we were scheduled to be at Keswick Christian School for Ava's grandparents day at 9:45. So I quickly got cleaned up and we headed out. Ava was so excited we were going to be there and the program was awesome. Her class sang a song with lots of animations about grandparents. The whole program which included kindergarten through 5th grade did an excellent job. What a different atmosphere these kids enjoy and the teachers were above and beyond in their attention of their pupils. We are so thankful Ava has this opportunity to attend this christian school.

Afterwards we brought Ava with us and she wanted a happy meal from McDonald's so we stopped and brought one home for Sam as well. I think she just wanted the fries and apple as well as the toy in the meal. Amy and Sam came a little later and we all had lunch together.

Well I was able to made contact with my plumber buddy who informed me the leak from Moen faucet sounded like just an O-ring problem. Well he was right and I just happened to have an O-ring in some of my Moen goodies from years ago. Problem solved for now. I did call the Moen Company as he reminded there is a life time warranty on their products. I called them and they are sending me a new cartridge plus new O-rings as well at no cost. What I thought was going to be a huge headache as well as expensive turned out to be just a nuisance for a couple hours. Many thanks to Eddie for his expertise and his ability to relate it to me over the phone. It's funny how when Eddie was a young lad I taught him how to water ski along with his brothers and sisters. He turned out to be one of the good guys in his family whereas the siblings have all been in jail for various reasons.




Well, today Saturday morning the temperature is 70 degrees outside to start the morning. I plan on shampooing the carpets then I think we are going out with our friends and neighbors to celebrate the girls birthdays which are within a day of each other. That means we will break our one day diet of not eating carbs with proteins. We did eat healthy yesterday with salad for lunch and boiled home grown cabbage with a baked potato for supper. Oh well, what is it they say"one day at a time" and then maybe we will begin to lose these spare tires we have accumulated. LATER

No comments: