Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday Morning

It was so humid today we had to turn the a/c back on although the temperature stayed right around 80. There was lots of fog this morning which eventually gave way to clear skies. I started the morning much the usual way with a early wake up by the feathered fellows next door, then a cup of green tea while I had my quiet moments before pedaling out to the rec for a couple hours of pickle ball. I usually don't play on Saturday but since I missed Monday and half of Friday I decided I needed the workout and it was a good one. There were just 4 of us for about an hour so no one rested and then a fifth came for a half hour and by then we decided we had enough besides it was nearly 10 AM.

I headed home to a late breakfast of bologna boats and eggs(Nancy's favorite as a kid) and then I spent the next hour or so in the garden. I moved some tomato seedlings up into bigger pots and then fed all of my lettuces with a light feeding of Miracle Grow. We decided to take off to Home Depot as I needed to replace the other ballast on the fluorescent lights in the kitchen. We made a stop for some probiotics at the health food store for Nancy then came home to chill the rest of the day.

Amy, Tyler, GG and the kiddos all went down to the Bradenton area to a specialty restaurant called Yoders, it's Amish in orgin with family style dishes. We haven't heard how that trip was as we went to Dan and Carols for chicken fried rice and another stir fry dish. We made a huge bowl of fresh Cole slaw with cabbage and green peppers from the garden to go along with the oriential dishes. After eating we played 18 rounds of golf(card game) before heading home; Carol won big. It was really starting to get foggy and the moisture was so thick you could cut it with a knife. We settled into the tube; she with HGTV and me with kick boxing before we decided we needed to read.

I had a long conversation with an old USAF buddy Wally Beisser who now lives in Wilmington, N.C. He is having all kinds of health issues and now he is totally disabled from the issues that he received in the military. He is also going to write a letter supporting my cause of trying to prove to the VA, I had boots on the ground in Vietnam for over 7 years. We flew in there together for 4 years and were roommates as well. Luckily he saved much of his military orders and other papers so that he had no problem proving he was in country. Now he is going to assist me with my issues as he had a set of orders that had my name, rank and serial number that went back over 45 years ago. A big Thank You to him. We reminisced about old times we shared together both while on duty and while carousing the California area. It was great to hear from him and he now has 5 grand children, LATER

No comments: